Hello everyone and well over the Christmas and New Year celebrations.
I've had a nice walk in the forest. Wonderful!
The weather alternates between snow and cold and then rain and slush.
Right now it is quite windy with a lot of rain
It's been a long time since I've been on a hike.
Can you imagine work takes all the time. Until next year I'll retire.
Work less. Maybe retire early? I like to work. It keeps me young and vital.
But it would have been good to be able to leave responsibility to someone
else and rather become a senior nurse with teaching.
Yes, that's how you go and think when you're on a trip
and completely forget to see nature hah hah
I finally managed to get a picture of this cute little squirrel.
Yes, but they are fast! It enjoyed itself under the seed dispenser. Lots of peanuts!
Of all winterbird I kind of like this Turdus merula
Common Blackbird or Svart trost som vi kalle den her i Norge
It sings beautifully early in the morning
And this one too (Lophophanes cristatus)
Crested tit or Toppmeis som vi kaller den her
Soon go ice skating! Yes i do have my old ballerina skates hih hih
It is really dark and the clock is only about 12 morning
The lonely bench
Peace of mind
Before, nature management had to chain benches to stones.
People stole them. But now they can be left alone
Before, there was forest everywhere here.
Now a four-lane road has been built. People take in nature more and more.
The home front fought here during the war.
There are many concentration camps in here.
Many remnants of a sad,painful life
I was hoping to see the Fossekallen "White-throated dipper
"Norway's national bird.
It lives here by the stream. But today it was not to be seen
Fossekallen
Slik endte turen.
So I hope everyone manages to keep their New Year's resolutions,
even if it's difficult.
If you don't have anyone, it's the same too.
Just remember to be kind and good, care more about your companions,
both animals and people.
that may have arisen
is much easier
to handle with a calm mind and a good laugh.
Then I also hope that bloggers who disappeared
out of the picture in 2022
are doing well. It's a bit lonely in here without
you all but I'm doing fine
Have a brilliant weekend and new week.
Keep smiling and smiling
Anita

What a good start of the New Year. Beautiful photo's. Nice to see Anita.
SvarSlettThank you very much SC! :)))
SvarSlettI did enjoy reading your post and seeing your photographs.
SvarSlettBeautiful birds and well done on getting the picture of the cute little squirrel. I know not everyone likes squirrels but we have some that like to visit our garden and I do think they are cute :)
You did well on your walk/hike, we haven't been out too much this New Year as the weather has been so wet - hopefully tomorrow may be better!
Enjoy your January days.
My good wishes.
All the best Jan
Thank you Jan!Hope you will have some wonderful days!
SlettBeautiful landscape shots.
SvarSlettThank you William!
SlettHola Anita, que buen lugar nos muestras.
SvarSlettSe acabaron las fiestas, ahora toca normalidad.
Feliz Año!
Thank you Alfred !
SlettGreat shots of the birds. Too bad you missed the Dipper, but a walk in the great outdoors is never anything but a huge pleasure.
SvarSlettYes but I will look for it on later walks.May be they are very local,stays on the same place for a long time.Wish you all good!Thanx for the coment
SlettOh. Some new photos so soon! Lovely. And the little crested bird looks much like our crested titmouse in TX...cheeky birds. I do love the little russet one. I have read a bit about Norway in WWII, need to read more. Meanwhile, yes, a lot of solutions can come to mind on walks.....even without worrying consciously too much. Things that pop into the mind. Very best wishes to you for the new year and your coming days.
SvarSlettoh well.I think it is time for me to do something I enjoy and not work to much.Money is not everything in life but a good tool.Oh so you have read yourself up about Norway?Thats nice.But it is VERy expencive overhere.But beautiful country.
SlettWish you too some good days in Lousiana??I wonder!!..Hih hih--All good Miss Judith Love xxx
Ha ha. TEXAS. Not Louisiana. But I think Louisiana is very very interesting. I wouldn't mind being in Louisiana.
SlettOh Texas!!Big place!!Next to Mexican states ,Coahuila, Tamaulipas, Chihuahua,Oh dear I have only seen series from that place,like Narcos and Chapo!I bet it is very hot!Good food and many other thingsWhat a joy to know someone from Texas!! I bet you down there, never has heard of Norway or thinks it is the home of Santa !!!!Living in igloos!!hah hahah Thanx for reply!Happy day to you
SlettHi! Here you can see how we ,go on a walk, in Norway hah hah
Sletthttps://www.facebook.com/Tittentem/posts/pfbid029Ro5w7oxsEvoEPgeZZy7Bh9S7SEnEjJxXLXEPXm1WHefDHKik2N5rZb2Xyu2YZp2l
Oh. Skating without skates!! Yes, it was 85 here today, with 13% humidity. Everything is beige. When the wind comes up with the next front, there will be fire danger. That will be tomorrow. It IS warmer than usual this year, but it has happened before. And drought. You're a busy woman so probably don't remember I sent you some sites about Norwegian settlements in Texas. They stayed long enough to build a few fine churches, and then probably scuttled off to more agreeable places when they could afford it!
SlettP.S. I have read all of Ove Knausgaard. I am also a fan of FINLAND. Ha.
SlettOk I did not see this..reply .and when did you tell me , about some sites about Norwegian settlements in Texas ?? Can you please tell me those sites again??I am very interested in the emigrants from Norway to The Dream Land. I have not read any of Knausgård and books yet.If you like to read those kind of books you could read Edvard Hoem Haymaker in Heaven: A Novel-The year is 1874. Nesje is a recent widower with a young son, working as a haymaker on an estate in the town of Molde and steadily clearing his own small holding. Then he meets Serianna―an outsider, looking for work, who takes him fishing and smokes a pipe and is thoroughly unlike anyone he’s met before. Soon the two fall in love and marry, and Nesje begins to dream of a prosperous future.
SlettBut prosperity is hard to come by. Some Norwegians―including Serianna’s spirited sister, Gjertine―have begun to immigrate to the American West, attracted by the glimmer of land and commerce. One of Nesje’s sons follows, while another moves to the city and becomes a wealthy merchant, and another is adopted by Serianna’s childless brother and sister-in-law. In Norway and in America, however, the turn of the century is approaching: mechanization is superseding skilled labor, the moneyed classes are growing ever more powerful, and sacrifices don’t always deliver what was promised.
Haymaker in Heaven is a sprawling saga―drawn from Edvard Hoem’s own family history―and a vivid portrait of two countries at a critical moment of intersection. It is a triology
But I think Ole Edvard Rølvåg is the best one for me (a Norwegian-American novelist and professor who became well known for his writings regarding the Norwegian American immigrant experience. Ole Rolvaag is most frequently associated with Giants in the Earth, his award-winning, epic novel of Norwegian immigrant homesteaders in Dakota Territory-Ok this was a looong note..I have my work weekend so pretty tired !Yes I am a nurse at rehabilitation clinic for drugs and crime See you!Around!Got free a week from monday Hallelujah xxxx
Judith! Thanx for coming here!A little light in the dark!Woo hoo!We still have all the christmas lights on outside bec it is soo dark still.And expecting very cold weather upcoming days.If you adore Finland like I do you should take a peek at Aimariis blog she writes down here.Beautiful and real life from Finland in the big big Finland woods :)
SlettOh, we should probably write in email!! So many words and some might not be interested. But I don't care. Up to you. Do you have access to my email in my registering stuff? If not, I certainly don't mind putting it here. So let me know.
SlettMeanwhile, here are a couple of things about Norwegians in TX. I think neither are the ones I sent before, but I"ll find them. https://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/entries/norwegians and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA29dJ49who
Thank you for the books references. I LOVE to read. (And I used to work in a community mental health center as a psychologist, so I know what your job is like. Probably. Maybe not, but I suspect so. So get your rest!!)
oh !So a psycholigist!!Wow!Good!!Dear Judith .We can write in emailsof course! only thing I am here and there..So I dont ride the same day I saddle the horse Hih hih..!I got to much to do with that work of mine you see..Much trouble!The leader ship!I really did hope to go soon and become a pensionist,but better payment for to stay a little while more I agreed too..work alittle bit more ..I shall google taht site of yours ..Actually I am reading snorres saga right now..From the start.".Ynglingesagaene"(before Odin and ect)
SlettWish for you a happy weekend! Big hugs and much love xx
Hello Anita
SvarSlettKeeping good intentions is sometimes difficult, I hope the animals have also decided to come in front of my camera this year...;-))
Greetings Frank
Yes it is it is the same every year Frank!!hih hih..You have such beautiful photoes of animals.on your blog.I hope you will be out to take some more pic this coming year..Or may be some beautiful castles :))All good to you xxx
SlettDear Anita!
SvarSlettI wish you all your dreams come true in the New Year.
The winter landscapes in your photos are beautiful.
Many countries have tragic places associated with World War II.
Happy New Year.
Thank you dear Lucja Maria!It is true ,there was much evil in the world before ,and still is..I wish the same to you.Beautiful days in the new year 2023 :)))xxx
SlettLove the birds you featured and glad to see the squirrel too. Here the hurricane took out so many trees. The trails are strewn with them. So sad. Our forests are disappearing too.
SvarSlettHope you can retire when you want. Here nurses are offered retention bonuses to stay on. We are in desperate need of nurses.
oh did you have a hurricane?I have not noticed only,that there are much snow !I hope you can be out on a good walk soon!
SlettThank you for the comment!Marie!
Beautiful nature is close to you.:)
SvarSlettDim light of winter. There seems to be quite a bit of snow there.
Beautiful pictures!
Happy January!
thank you!I think it is soo dark outside all day.Not much dayligh or sun!I look forward to spring and all things blooming again.Happy Days to you :))
SlettHi Anita! You have really beautiful outdoor terrains. It's wonderful to be in nature. Watching birds and squirrels is relaxing. Have a nice new week;-))
SvarSlettThank you very much dear Anne!Wish a beautiful week to you as well :)))xxx
SlettHi Anita! Lovely pictures of nature to begin your new year. The birds and squirrel are lovely to see. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful week.
SvarSlettThank you for coming here Bill!That was very nice said of you.I wish for you a good and healthy time ahead!Much hugs!
SlettCiao Anita buon anno, un abbraccio Angelo.
SvarSlettGracie Angelo!
SlettKivoja kuvia. Noin vähälumisessa talvessa eläimilläkin on helpompaa selvitä.
SvarSlettMeillä lunta ja pakkasta hurjan paljon, kuten yleensä tähän aikaan talvesta.
kyllä lunta tulee ja menee. Juuri nyt ei lunta, mutta kylmää tuulta ja sadetta. Parempi kylmällä vakaalla talvella kuin sinulla on. Kiitos kommentistasi!
SlettHola, Anita. Me alegro de que te encuentres bien y gracias por tan lindo reportaje de esos parajes tan bellos. Lo que para ustedes es un día bonito, para los que vivimos en el Sur, un día así con lluvia, viento y nieve, seguro que no saldríamos de casa.
SvarSlettUn abrazo, estimada amiga.
It's always such a treat to see photos from your beautiful corner of the world, Anita!
SvarSlettLove the birds and the squirrel.
Of course the landscape is so beautiful, so beautiful that it helps to take a long walk.
SvarSlettBest regards.
Hih hih jajajajja!!True said!!
SlettI appreciated how you ended on a positive note. Images of snow-covered landscapes and birds are stunning. Our Asian koel, sometimes known as the blackbird, has a beautiful tone. I hope you can work things out the way you want and use your nursing skills to help the juniors. Take care
SvarSlettthank you Jeevan!I still can not get to your siteSome pay bill there?wish for you the best weekend in India! xxx
SlettAmazing Photos - That Bench Shot Speaks Thousands Of Words - Well Done
SvarSlettCheers
thank you very much!
SlettVackra landskap som vanligt. Där jag bor är vägarna färdigbyggda, hoppas jag. Vårt problem är skogsavverkningen som hotar många djurs habitat. Du har helt rätt i att strömstaren - som vi kallar den - är svårfotograferad.
SvarSlettHälsningar, Deerhunter
Tusen takk Klas!Ja det tror jeg på!Det er slik her også..de bygger og bygger og naturhabitatet blir borte..De skal også bygge i denne skogen her men siden det er historisk kilder her fra andre verdenskrig jobber dem med, at skogen skal bli fredet..Enn så lenge!Ønsker deg og din fru en strålende weekend!
SlettThanks for your beautiful shots. The forest is in the complete silence and birds fly to get foods. I feel warmness of a bird's body in the cold outer world. Happy weekend to you and lives in the forest.
SvarSlettThank you!That was very nice said to me..Early in the morning in the dark and cold weather around here.Wish for you.and family much happiness xxx
Slett