Summer letter from the mountains


"As if you rolled in the juniper bushes on your way over the mountain"

This is how it smells of hair, skin and clothes after hiking in the mountains. Some pictures of my stay in the mountains. I really enjoy myself! 

This is from the first days.  

This is from the Hardanger glacier. The Blue ice 
The sixth largest glacier in Norway.
It has become relatively small over the years.
The area is about 73 km2 and the highest point is 1863 masl. 


 The picture from Ustekveikja. A river from Hardanger glacier. 
It flows down into Finsevannet and from there on down to Hol municipality. 
Nice fishing water! Will tell later . 

And this is from the balcony from the hotel where I stay. 
Great view to fall asleep in and think how great it is to wake up to such a view.
-For those who are on you tube I have some videos from the place 



It also blooms on the Hardanger vidden 

I had a break and picnic here!
Homemade packed lunch, coffee and chocolate 



There is still a lot of snow on the mountain
There were several hundred bicycle tourists. 
But some came on E bikes.They are the next generation hikers in the mountains.
 At least in the summer 




Beautiful water  the name of the place !Fager vatnet!

Have you heard the sound of sheep ringing bells?
The finest sound! On the mountain !


Fager nut waterfall 


On the way to Fagernut. Halfway to Hallingskeid. Many sheep on pasture.
 Otherwise I met no one. The lady who lived in the guard house I had a nice conversation with.
 It is important to take time for yourself no matter what it may be.
 She was the leader of competence center for mastery and development in Bergen 
but lived here most of the year. The caretaker's home was built in 1913 
and has been in her family ever since. 


It is well sign posted along the stretch. One can not go wrong- Long flat stretches 
Måtte ta bildet av dette skiltet!


Gamle merkede veier og varder


Så dere ser veien er slak og fin å gå!Vi har høye temperaturer 28 grader i fjellet

Men det kjennes likevel ikke slik ut med vinder fra både nord og sør !Fint !

Syntes denne stolen er artig!
Gamle ski blir til en god-stol
Det var også mange Reinsdyr horn underveis
 men jeg har ikke plass til disse bildene
Reinsdyrene var forøvrig flokker på 20-30 stykker inne i fjellet
eg skulle skrive så mye men når jeg er her finner jeg ikke de rette ordene!






Dette blir mangen fine minner utover høsten og vinteren!

Planlegger en hytte her som jeg kan dra til-

det tar jo bare to timer med toget og koster under 200 kr

En kan telte og fiske hvor som helst men ikke ved hotellet. Altså rimelig tur!

Jeg bor på hotellet den første tiden


På tur heimover til en god middag.Middag på hotellet er fra 19.00 til 21.00

Jeg spiser sent om kvelden.Jeg er ikke fornøyd med maten.De har fått ny kokk.Verten sier kokken er forelsket når jeg klager på at maten smakte altfor salt!Jeg spiste både laks og reinsdyrkjøtt og molte og sjokolade kake til dessert,og noe som kalle brulee!



Etter å ha været ute i fjellluft hele dagen lang er ikke veien lang til sengen kl 21.30!
Åhh dettte er det beste jeg veit om!




 Takk for titten!Jeg er hjem om en tur i Bergen og vasker klær!
Reiser snart opp igjen til mitt ferieparadis!

Ha en forsatt fin sommer alle!

Tags Finse,Blåisen,Hardanger Jøkulen ,Fagernut ,Hallingskeid

53 kommentarer:

  1. Para ser verano, sigue la nieve en las montañas,

    Son preciosas las vistas que nos has ofrecido en tu gran reportaje.

    Besos

    SvarSlett
  2. ...what a gorgeous area, thanks for taking me along.

    SvarSlett
  3. Hi Anita, what beautiful scenery you enjoyed on your holiday. Glad you had a great time relaxing, unwinding and enjoying nature. Sounds like the perfect holiday! Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful evening.

    SvarSlett
  4. It looks like paradise there. Hope you can get back there quickly.

    SvarSlett
  5. Norway is so BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely love this fabulous photo series.

    I've not heard of the sound of sheep ringing bells - it must be enchanting!

    SvarSlett
  6. Un hermoso recorrido con parajes extraordinarios.
    Disfruta Anita de esa belleza.
    Un abrazo y buen resto de semana.

    SvarSlett
  7. Hello Anita,
    What a wonderful trip on this fantastic place. Wonderful views and so great to make pictures as memory. A nice place to relax after long days working.
    I understand that you be happy when you are here. Your lucky to be there Anita. So nice!!
    This is a good promotion for this beautiful place of Norway.

    Greetings and big hug,
    Marco

    SvarSlett
  8. Even with snow. Beautiful images again Anita. Hope you came back from it well rested.

    SvarSlett
  9. Nice post, a lot to see and read!

    SvarSlett
  10. You really do live in a wonderful part of the world, Anita, and it is great that you take full advantage of it. I am sure that your vacation was memorable in every way and a welcome respite from all the worries about COVID. Maybe you will have more pictures to share with us. Hugs from Canada. David

    SvarSlett
  11. What a beautiful and peaceful-looking place!
    Funny to see snow,it has been SOOOO hot in Finland.😊

    SvarSlett
  12. Beautiful area there and a great view from where you stayed.
    Must have been a good feeling to be there.
    Take care..

    SvarSlett
  13. You are a prolific photographer, Anita, and, as I often say, I am glad you carry a camera with you on your jaunts in and around the city or off in the outlying areas. You are a most excellent guide, and I feel like I am walking every step of your hike with you.

    Turning old skis into furniture is a novel idea. I would like to have a "ski chair" ....

    Take care and stay safe, Norwegian girl .... I will be watching the full moon -- the "Buck Moon" -- on Thursday .... will you?

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. thank you!No never heard of The Buck Moon.May be it is the Hay Moon as we call it here-I willlook after it!Thanx for the tip!

      Slett
  14. P.S. .... whoops .... should have looked at a calendar .... knew the full moon was the 23rd, but was mixed up on dates and days .... stand corrected, as often is the case .... many pardons asked ....

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. I know!Friday, July 23!But dont know if it is the same time over here

      Slett
  15. Me alegro mucho de que hayas disfrutado con este paseo por tan paradisíaco lugar y con esas vistas tan espectaculares.
    Las imágenes son preciosas y el lugar tiene mucho encanto sobre todo para los que hemos viajado poco a la montaña.
    El rico salmón noruego se puede comprar por aquí, pero la carne de reno, nunca la vi y me gustaría probarla algún día, siempre que el cocinero no esté enamorado.
    Un fuerte abrazo, amiga Anita, y gracias por compartir.

    SvarSlett
  16. Se debe de pasar un verano muy fresco ahí.

    Las fotografías son fantásticas y el lugar me parece encantador.

    Besos

    SvarSlett
  17. Muchas gracias por tu voto Anita. Un placer
    Un fuerte abrazo

    SvarSlett
  18. Nice reportage.
    Brava Anita
    Un abbraccio forte
    Complimenti
    Maurizio

    SvarSlett
  19. Hello Anita
    deep relaxation and coming down from the stress that is it, plus the breathtaking landscape that you enjoyed, I believe you and I am a little jealous .....
    Greetings Frank

    SvarSlett
  20. Anita gracias por sus visitas y su espléndido comentario hermoso instante en esta imágenes todo un placer pasar por su blog felicidades por su buen hacer. Saludos

    SvarSlett
  21. Gorgeous captures of the heavenly place!

    SvarSlett
  22. Es un hermoso lugar como me gustaría visitarlo te mando un beso

    SvarSlett
  23. So glad you had such a beautiful stay in the mountains, in spite of the love sick chef and the salt. Ha. Well, things shouldn't be perfect I guess. This trip was probably very good for you! It would be good for me! Thank you for letting us see how beautiful it is there.

    SvarSlett
  24. Thank you for sharing this wonderful healing journey through beautiful country!

    SvarSlett
  25. Dear Anita!
    I am delighted with the beautiful landscapes you see from the hotel. I admire the beautiful flowers - Geranium magnificum.
    Hugs and greetings.

    SvarSlett
  26. You stayed at an amazing place and view to enjoy! I love a similar stay in the mountains, but I could never get close to cold weather like there. The cabins out there are pretty, and the views are picturesque overall! Interesting skis chair!

    Hope you recovered fully from the fall.
    Take care

    SvarSlett
  27. Wow!Awesome view. there is snow. Feeling pretty sad that we couldn't go over into norway this year.

    SvarSlett
  28. You have traveled in stunning scenery.
    There are not many trees in the mountains but still very beautiful.

    Thank you for this exotic beautiful armchair trip.
    Happy summer days! :)

    SvarSlett
  29. Underbar semestervandring i norsk fjällvärld. Ni norrmän bor i världens vackraste land, hoppas ni förstår det! Älskar återvinningstanken bakom skidstolen ( jag har noga kollat stavningen! )Förstår mycket väl att du snart vill komma tillbaka. Kanske du drar upp en fisk?
    / Deerhunter

    SvarSlett
  30. You had so marvellous hollidays! So beautifull scene. I can allmost smell the freshnes from your pictures :)
    How nice it would be to work from a cottage like that! Not seeing any human for a long time. Wow!
    Have a nice time on your summer! Now it´s a little bit cooler, but the warmnes is coming again...

    SvarSlett
  31. Schön die Bilder von der Wanderung ist in den Bergen immer sehr Schön.
    Wünsch auch einen schönen Sommer.

    Gruß
    Noke

    SvarSlett
  32. What fantastic landscapes. I loved to walk through these beautiful mountains.
    I also wish you the continuation of a good summer too.

    SvarSlett
  33. Oh Anita, your photographs are a joy to see, I've scrolled up and down several times to have another look.
    The mountains and scenery are so beautiful.
    Continue to enjoy these summer months.
    My good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    SvarSlett
  34. Denne kommentaren har blitt fjernet av forfatteren.

    SvarSlett
  35. Que pases un buen día. Felicidades!!!

    SvarSlett
  36. Beautiful photos of the mountains with the snow. Thank you for sharing. Have a nice week.

    SvarSlett
  37. I've heard goats ringing bells. It's a beautiful sound in the pasture. I miss that smell of juniper in the mountains, but I get it once in a while when pruning in the garden. Your trip looks so desolate but beautiful, especially the wildflowers. Enjoyed reading this.

    SvarSlett
  38. Oi miten kauniita ja upeita kuvia. Kiitos sinulle kun esittelit ne meille 🤗❤

    SvarSlett
  39. Hola Anita, bonitas fotografías, precioso lugar, un lugar para buscar la tranquilidad.
    Buen día.
    Saludos

    SvarSlett
  40. Beautiful photos Anita, some very tempting to paint them, you do not know how relaxing it is to see them with the more than 40 degrees that we have now around here.
    Best regards.

    SvarSlett
  41. Dear Anita,
    wonderful photos - even if I find it very sad how the glaciers are melting everywhere (we have the same problem in Austria ...)
    The landscape is simply breathtakingly beautiful - and sheep always warm my heart anyway <3 I love these animals! And I also like the Nordic wooden houses so much - especially when they are painted ox blood red!
    The "throne" made from the old wooden skis is really great!
    If you want to see what it looks like in the Austrian mountains - here I have a very recent posting from a nice trip to the Lower Austrian mountain Rax: https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2021/07/auf-ins-hochgebirge- excursion-on-the-rax.html
    Or would you prefer to accompany me to a poppy field? Then I have something for you here: https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2021/07/kom-mit-ins-mohn-dorf-teil-1.html
    All the best, Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2021/07/kom-mit-ins-mohn-dorf-teil-1.html

    SvarSlett
  42. Que maravilla amiga. Disfrutar a tope de la naturaleza. Las fotos son bellísimas
    Buen fin de semana y buen agosto. Cuídate.
    Un abrazo.

    SvarSlett
  43. Oooh såg härligt det ser ut. Kan tänka mig att ett bättre sätt att ladda batterierna är svårt att finna. Något att komma ihåg när mörkret kommer och jobbet kallar. Lev väl Anita !

    SvarSlett
  44. Bellas imagenes te un genial verano. Te mando un beso

    SvarSlett
  45. Thank you for letting us see what you did on your wonderful time away from work and in nature.

    SvarSlett
  46. Boa noite, minha linda Anita!
    Que lindo leque de fotografias e com lindas descrições!
    Um doce abracinho!
    MegyMaia🌸🌼🌸

    SvarSlett
  47. You had a good time to enjoy many beautiful alpine floras. I wish I could do, too.

    SvarSlett
  48. Hola Anita, muy bonitas fotografías, y muy buen reportaje.
    Buen día.
    Saludos

    SvarSlett
  49. Beautiful photos of your holiday in Finland.

    SvarSlett