Meet Lily The Fox!

Lily is a beautiful fox, a mixture of silver fox and red fox
She is on the farm to be fattened up and taken care of.
 She comes from a Fox Breeding, has been abused and neglected.
 She has been on the farm for two months now but is still scared and suspicious.
Fortunately, fur farming has now ended here in Norway.
 Fur and skin from animals will never again be used
 as nice jackets, coats for rich women and men.(made in Norway)
 I think it is perfectly ok to use fur from animals if you live in Siberia or Alaska or Finland. .
.But here with us where we have mild winters, I do not see a need for Artic clothes

I asked if they would release her in a while.
 But it had to wait, first it was important that the wounds and health of the animal improved.
 There are probably other foxes nearby who look after her and I think in time she will be free

It was funny to hear her bark just like a dog. 
She also cried like a dog
 I had no idea they were so similar

The ostriches have eggs and youngs
 so I only got to see those that were out. Very big birds !

Look at those pr historic  fossil feet 
 20-25 millions years ago in the Miocen time
Same feet today!


So the farm visit went all good
The sheeps came to say good ye and thanx for the visit





Thank you for the visit!

The photoes was taken some weeks ago



See you soon


















 

37 kommentarer:

  1. Förhoppningsvis slutar den fina berättelse på bästa möjliga sätt med lyckad frigivning av räven. Ja, skönt om djur jagade för pälsens skull kunde bli ett oskick lagt till handlingarna. Tror inte många svenskar köper äkta päls längre. Istället har vi fått ett annat problem : Jägare som saklöst skjuter räv för att de konkurrerar om - rådjuren. Totalt bakvänt sätt att beskriva Natur om du frågar mig.
    / Deerhunter

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Ja de vil nok frigi den med tiden.Den gråter jo sårt og vil ut.Jeg er glad vi har sluttet med pelsdyrfarming i Norge.Det ble jo en konsekvens etter mye dårligt dyre mislighold.Ja du kan tenke deg selv slike videoer som har florert.Det var en massiv protestfra oppdrettere, men de måtte gi seg .De fikk da også en økonomisk kompensajon slik at dem kan finne på noe annet som virke.Men fremdeles finnes det pels som pynt, på vinterjakker osv,men det er ikke så mangen som kjøper det ,salget har gått ned betrakteligt.Fy dem som skyter reven bare for å få noen kr for labbene!Ja jeg vetom dem som sitter i huset sitt, gården,ligger ut griseskotter som åte bare for å skyte rev.Samme grunn som du nevner konkurrerer med Rådyrene .Det er mye taktløst som foregår i det skjulte.Jeg vet det fordi jeg spiller "dum" og så får man lære om virkeligheten.Takk for din kommentar Klas.Ble glad for den!

      Slett
  2. Un bello post amiga Anita. Ya es hora de ver protegidos a esos bellos animales que son los zorros y que nadie les mate para comercializar con sus pieles.
    Un fuerte abrazo.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Muchas gracias por tu lindo comentario, ¡me alegra que estés de acuerdo conmigo!

      Slett
  3. A real beautiful fox. Hope she has a nice life now.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you!Yes she have a good life now.Soon to be set free

      Slett
  4. ...when I owned my nursery a fox that lived there and we never had rabbit eating the plants.

    SvarSlett
  5. The fox is beautifully coloured. How can people mistreat animals? It makes me sad to think the poor animal is scared. I see sheep here too. It ostriches are uncommon. Thank you for sharing.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thnk you very much Marie!Up here it has been normal tradition also the whaling.But not any moreThank for that!

      Slett
  6. Hi Anita, thank you for visiting my blog. I love Hirthals too, it is one of my favorite places. I hope that the fox enough space to walk. Beautiful photos. Greetings Caroline

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. I thought of that myself.If only blogger had aloud pictures in the comment section I would show she have great space

      Wish you still a nice holiday in Denmark!

      Slett
  7. Todo lo que sea reconocer sus derechos me parece bien.

    Un abrazo.

    SvarSlett
  8. Those ostrich feet are very powerful too. Foxes seem a quieter group and one never hears them communicating on television programs, so it is a bit of a surprise to hear them bark like other canines do. She's a beautiful creature, and I feel she should always remain suspicious of humans. They aren't always a wild animal's friend. I'm glad you had a good time at the farm.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you Yvonne!Yes it was remarkable the way she behaved as a dog.I felt in love with her in a way.Just like hearing my pet when he looks at me with those dear brown eyes "pleas let me free, I want out"!Ostrich I was alittle afraid..they wanted to nib on my head heh heh Thank you for your wise and good comment Yvonne!Ilike that:)))

      Slett
  9. The interbreed fox is a very interesting, and gorgeous creature. I hope it continues to do well. One does not think of seeing ostriches in northern Norway! Stay well and stay safe, Anita.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Heh heh I think they breed everything around here!But they are kept very well the ostriches at this particular farm

      Thank you for the visit

      Slett
  10. Lily looks handsome and obviously scared. Hope she joins her family back in the wild, and I would also like to hear her howl because I ever heard a fox howl. I saw a golden fox in a zoological park during a visit in February, and he/she was also locked in a cage. Amazing feet detail of ostrich!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. They sound like a dog !Never heard them before me neither.Thank you Jeevan!

      Slett
  11. Hej Anita ! Hoppas det går bra för den lilla räven och att han kan bli utsläppt i det fria så småningom :)

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. ja håper det også snart.Det er så leit å se den i bur /fangeskapSelv om det akuratt nå er det beste.

      Takk for kommentar!

      Slett
  12. Hello Anita
    I like to hear such news, who needs a fur ...?
    All the foxes are laughing with joy

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Md6qmKVtm4

    Greetings Frank

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Hola Frank :)Yes of course!We are all very glad now Thank you for the comment!Will look at your video

      Anita

      Slett
    2. what a nice video!!I love it :))))))Thank you1

      Slett
  13. What a beautiful fox. Makes me sad it was abused and is still afraid and nervous. Hopefully the fox will recover and have a nice life. the ostrich is an incredible looking bird. I have never seen close-up of their feet before. Very interesting. Thanks so much for sharing your photos. Have a nice evening and rest of the week. We are back in lockdown for the next six weeks. :(

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Yes it criedalot..made me very sad --But i hope and pray it will be better in time

      I heard on the news big lockdown in Englad!Wow But i think it is good.England really take care !Here it is mostly the young ones who has got the virus..But we dont know WHEN it will explode again
      But we have to live so normal as we can

      Thank you for the visit Bill.Here we are expecting snow and it is starting to be cold and dark.No sun for us for a long time only rain and snow and the mix of that

      Slett
  14. Good to see animals being looked after well. Nice captures.

    SvarSlett
  15. That's a beautiful fox, and I like those ostriches and sheep too!

    Those photos are great!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Hih hih those sheeps where looking if I had some snack or tobacco!!

      Yepp it was a nice day!Thank you for your visit Lon!

      Slett
  16. Jeg gråter hver gang jeg tenker på disse revene og andre pelsdyr. Kjære Norge!
    Det er sant at strutsen er som en levende dinosaur!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Tusen -takk Mirjam -Mathilda!Ja vi syns også det er bra og ikke oppdrette disse kun for å drepe dem slik ad de blir til pels for mennesker.Jeg er glad du likte innlegget!

      Slett
  17. Dear Anita,
    Lily is such a beautiful animal! It always makes me sad when I see or read what people do to animals. So I'm all the happier that she was rescued and that Norway is now giving up fur farming. I hope Lily can recover well and one day live a long life as a free fox.
    We saw ostriches very closely in Namibia, both in the wild and at a resort where they roamed freely: https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2017/01/namibia-teil-7-hohenstein-lodge-bulls. html - cute curious animals. Yes, their feet are reminiscent of dinosaurs :-D And I always like to see sheep anyway - so it gave me great pleasure to look at your pictures.
    Hugs
    Traude
    https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2020/10/ausflug-nach-bad-ischl-und-besuch-der.html

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you very much beautiful Rostrose!

      Slett