Mother very busy




Downy plumage!Baby duck!
Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos)

Running as fast as they can to catch what was it again?
I think the ducklings here has survived
 pretty good until now since they are so many
It was the same last year.

Now that would mean there would be alot of ducks
 swimming around through the year but that is not so here 
I live.Possible they die,get eaten by predators
 or travel to another place
Camera is Your Third eye
Sometimes viewing  the shoots I see plenty of bugs/ parasites
stuck to the skin and  feathers of the ducklings
I Wonder how the outcome of this  and if it is normal

Going for a walk and feeding ducks is a nice thing to do.
 Social it is too-Many of us don't get to distant places and see rare birds-
then it's just nice to go for a walk along the water and watch the local birds.
I have had a lot of fun with them. Studying the behavior,
 feeding them in the winter.
I think there are many who think like me, a nice recreational thing to do.
It is always nice to look at birds
although the partnership usually only lasts one year
Mother ducks are very caring and protective of their Young,
I did not think of publish(was no good) this photo but I had to show the mother
Family gathering!
I had to laugh
They dont look much pretty in childhood
Eurasian Coot /Baby Coot
The Eurasian coot is much less secretive than most of the rail family,
 and can be seen swimming on open water or walking across waterside grasslands.
Very busy times for the parents!

Babies are always hungry
Walking on the road you can find 
them by their scream for mum and dad
What I like about this two adults species
They are both working togehter to find food and feeding  the little ones
It was a nice walk today watching the birds along the water where I live
Nice to sit and  see  mothers protect their children.
They come for food but have hidden the children away.
Especially those with very young  kids.I could see
 the baby coot children well hidden in the sieve where they were waiting for food
When the gulls came close to mother she jumped into the air to protect her babies
Now the rain has set in and there will be inside house time again.
I have made a workout plan with daily walks and a little jogging 
 The extra fat from the Corona" house in sitting time"has  to go away.

Hope all are well 
Wishing all a great weekend!




67 kommentarer:

  1. Si que es una madre muy ocupada tiene una familia muy numerosa😊
    Las crías son muy lindas Anita. Nunca había visto la focha euroasiática las crías tienen como pelos en la cabeza.
    Llega el buen trmpo amiga. Granreportaje.
    Te deseo buen fin de semana.
    Cuídate.
    Un abrazo.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you Laura!
      we must enjoy the little things in everyday life!
      Wish you a very nice Sunday too!

      Slett
  2. Hello Anita,
    What a lovely shots. So cute all these little ducks.
    So funny to see them with so many. Your shots are very well taken with the nice blue water.

    Best regards,
    Marco

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you Marco!It was a great day!

      so happy to see you!All is well :)))

      Hugs!

      Slett
  3. Thank you for taking me along on your walk. Watching the ducks especially the baby ones is lots of fun. You took great photos.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you Marie!
      So happy you like them

      Hugs!

      Slett
  4. Anita writes: "Many of us don't get to distant places and see rare birds - then it's just nice to go for a walk along the water and watch the local birds."

    Fram writes: I often see what I consider unique wildlife sights right at home. Today, for instance, I saw four green-head mallards feeding on the lawn across the street. It is not unusual to see ducks standing or sitting on roof tops, including my own. Three cardinals and a pileated woodpecker and several blue jays frequent my backyard, among several species of birds, and most days parents are training babies there. A coyote the size of a German shepherd boldly marched within 25 feet of my dog and I two nights ago about 12:35 a.m. in the front yard, showing no fear or apprehension. I often wish I carried a camera with me.

    Your ducklings are darling, Anita, and your photographs are wonderful. You are extremely talented with a camera ....

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Ohh Fram!How Lucky you are!not many of us "normals" has that chance to see all those beautiful strange living things so close!you must be very grateful nature has given you such a possibility!Someday you must show us!Iknow from Your Wild cam there are alot of beautiful animals around Your house.I am happy you one day share those photoes With us!
      I thank you for Your good Words,thoughts -I gives me Peace in mind nature share with me and can live for days with the images in my head!
      As you say quietness and be "in one" with nature maybe is the best thing ever..

      Slett
  5. You've taken some lovely pictures of the Mallard families. I often see Mallards in unexpected places during the breeding season, even in the little ditch that runs just behind my house. Quite often they breed in the small fish ponds in the Cambridge college gardens, they then have to lead the ducklings through the busy city streets down to the river.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. So lovely to hear!It must be wonderful to have them so close!Ican imagine..Mother duck With her lovely ducklings crossing the street!They are tough!

      Thank you very much for the comment John!

      Slett
  6. Lot of ducklings and other little cuties. Have not seen so much here yet.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. They will come!Thank you for comment SC!

      Slett
  7. Lovely set of photos. I do like baby ducks, they are sweet.
    Take care.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Yes and ducklings sounds are so sweet as well
      Thank you Margaret!

      Slett
  8. Nice shots. The beauty of nature always has something wonderful.
    good weekend Anita
    Kiss
    Morris

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Agree!Nature has always something to show!

      Thank you for comment Morris!

      xxx

      Slett
  9. Hello Anita. A lovely post. It is always very encouraging to see the renewal of life in this way. As you point out some of these young birds will not survive until adulthood, but the food chain is always operating and other species have to live too. I have been fortunate to travel the world in search of birds during my long life, but local populations are very appealing too. Good luck with your exercise plans to say goodbye to Corona fat!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Hah hah I was out running today but it was hard!But i think a little by little I will remain as before.Sometime i think it do not matter how you look but the gym gives me such an enegry kick!I can turn my house all over!
      Thank you for reminding me of nature's ecosystem it is so true!It is hard sometimes but our human feelings are not the way nature really is
      Thank you for wise wordsDavid!

      Slett
  10. Cute little docks. I haven´t ever seen so much.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. We have many !I counted 11 ducklings again today on my walk around the pound!

      Think there must be some good nutrients in the water ..very little Northern pike and rats around the Place
      Thank you for Nice answer!

      Slett
  11. How sweet! The Eurasian coot chicks are funny looking;-) Have a nice new week,-)

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. They are!I maneged to photo the tiny little ones swimming quiet in the water waiting for mum--I sat like a stone for a very long time..i think they forgot me!

      But very high scream of some of them..It is like they are in great danger

      Thank you Anne!Nice to see you here!Pss i love Your hikes in Finland! :))))

      Slett
  12. Thank you Yannis!It is more than I deserve!Such lovely Words!

    Wish you all good!Yannis! :)))

    SvarSlett
  13. Son preciosas y enternecedoras fotos. No existe mejor cosa que la belleza de la propia naturaleza.
    Un fuerte abrazo amiga Anita.

    SvarSlett
  14. Preciosas imágenes de la Naaturaleza y su fauna. Ahora con la primavera, aumentará el número de esos patos.

    Besos

    SvarSlett
  15. Buen reportaje con esta escogidas imágenes Saludos

    SvarSlett
  16. Anita,
    I liked your narrative and also your blog in general, which I am now one of your followers.
    A hug! And watch out for Covid-19!

    SvarSlett
  17. Beautiful captures of the cute little birds! You sure are lucky to go for a walk in such beautiful surroundings.

    SvarSlett
  18. Anita they are so cute and cuddly! You did a great job capturing their cuteness!!!

    SvarSlett
  19. So many cute and lovely ducklings.
    Great shots

    SvarSlett
  20. A great place you take to hike, very picturesque. The baby ducklings are very cute to see. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos, Anita. Have a nice evening and a wonderful new week.

    SvarSlett
  21. Bonito reportaje,y bonito tu blog,feliz tarde, un abrazo

    SvarSlett
  22. This is one thing I've been missing - see ducks swimming on a pond. There's no body of water near me, and I haven't been going out at all. The baby ducks are all looking cuddly, cute and fluffy.

    SvarSlett
  23. I am delighted with your photos. They are perfect.
    I admire the sweet little ducks.
    I send hugs and greetings:)

    SvarSlett
  24. Så sant. Gräv där du står. Bättre att veta mycket om - och intressera sig mer för - den lokala faunan än känna till bara lite om mer exotiska platsers. Vår inhemska arter kan ju vara exotism för andra.
    Det är gripande att se andfamiljen skydda sig så gott den kan och ändå konstatera hur den dag för dag decimeras. Antar att det är så Naturen tänkt ut det.
    / Deerhunter

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Tusen takk Klas!
      Vi har nettopp funnet ut av hvilken fuglunge vi møtte på fjellet.Var det en Enkeltbekkasin eller en Rugde unge?Du kan se bildet nederst på siden.Ved en tur med hunden i skogen fløy mor opp med to unger.to andre løpte sin vei og denne ble stående bom fast.."dokking!"Vi lurte fælt på dette men etter å ha kontaktet AOB og ornitolig Arild Breistøl fant vi ut det var Rugde unge!Søt !

      Bildet er tatt med mobil kamera men tror vi må opp igjen på fjellet med en telelinse snart!

      Håper alt bra med dere!Det er også sett Orrhane her like ved min skog, Løvstakken!Ja det kan bli gøy å feire sommeren i fjellet :))

      Slett
  25. Hello Anita
    Such observations are great fun, especially the little ones are super cute
    Regards Frank

    SvarSlett
  26. Hej vännen! Vi håller oss avskilda hemma och kämpar på med c vitamin och allt som kan hjälpa.. Vi tänker på er och önskar er allt gott..
    Stor varm kram med ljus, värme och kärlek till er alla...
    Boel och Roger

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Hei mine venner Roger og Boel!Så kjekt å se dere her!

      Ja det tror jeg er best å unngå så mye mennesker som dere kan!

      (Blir en syk så hjelper vanlig pensillin er jeg sikker på!Det er hva jeg har lest og erfart dem gjør tilkomplikasjoner slik som lungebetennelse ect ect)

      Cvitamin hjelper eller to appelsiner for dagen.Det er godt uansett
      Jeg har nesten glemt Corona.Media sender ingen ting om det her..akuratt som i Nord Korea ?! hi hih nei jeg spøker bare men vi har ingen smitte i min by en er innlagt på sykehus..ellers går det bra men vi får se nå har de åpnet alt lik dere i Sverige.Vi vet ikke hva vi skal tro men stoler fast på helsedirektoratet og regjeringen at de gjør hva som er best for folket!Jeg har bare ti dager igjen så går(på jobb )jeg på ferie..Halleluja!Det skal bli godt!

      Vel nåholder jeg på med mine svenske kjøttbuller og de smaker himmelsk med litt tyttebærsyltetøy og potetmos til

      Vi snakkes !

      Slett
  27. Cute activities to watch from your daily walk and i'm a bird watcher as well and love shooting birds of any kind. Glad you enjoyed the walk along the water and watching birds.
    Take care

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. thanx Jeevan!Lovely comment to me :))

      Slett
  28. What a beautiful report Anita, beautiful photos, what images full of tenderness, how much we have left to learn from nature, what she always teaches us.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Happy week.
    Regards.

    SvarSlett
  29. Gorgeous photos. :-)

    Greetings from London.

    SvarSlett
  30. Oh, such beautiful family :)
    Fantastic photos !
    Greetings

    SvarSlett
  31. Me gustan mucho estos animalitos, excelentes fotografias, saludos, cuidate.

    SvarSlett
  32. Your photos are always fantastic, and I love to read your narration. There are something interesting in it.
    New generations give hopes for the future, but predators, diseases, and killers ruin the wishes.

    Have a great week, Anita.

    SvarSlett
  33. Precioso reportaje y preciosas las fotos. Un saludo.

    SvarSlett
  34. Are the black ones with the white bands the momma birds? They looks so beautiful!!! Thakn you for sharing these cute and happy critters Anita! Saw your comment on my blog redirect page and I'll be back soon. It's just that there was a massive identity theft attack in the Philippines particularly on facebook and I for one was a victim and it scared me to see an account using my face and name and looks legitimate. when all is back to okay, I'll bring the blog up again :)

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. What a mess!Hope you soon will be back!

      Slett
  35. I love baby ducks they are so cute, more than I can say for coots which look quite ugly

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Heh heh agree Coots are guite ugly as a baby!

      Slett
  36. A very busy mother with so many ducklings. How beautiful they are.
    Wonderful photos.
    Hugs and all the best

    SvarSlett
  37. Deseando que estéis bien
    Buen miércoles Anita.
    Ciudaros.
    Un abrazo.

    SvarSlett
  38. Such a beautiful photos, I love them! Those baby ducks are so cute ^^
    I'm following your blog now :)
    xx

    SvarSlett
  39. Very beautiful photos - the ducklings are so cute!

    SvarSlett
  40. Vilka sötnosar här! Det är underbar tid nu... Skönt att vara ute i naturen och glömma bort allt elände för en stund...
    Ha det underbart!

    SvarSlett
  41. Det er veldig livlig.
    vær forsiktig.

    Jeg ønsker deg alt godt.
    Hilsen og klem.

    Fra Japan, ruma ❃

    SvarSlett
  42. Os deseo buen fin de semana.
    Cuídaros.
    Un abrazo.

    SvarSlett
  43. Ottimo reportage, complimenti cara Anita, buon fine settimana Angelo.

    SvarSlett
  44. Disfruta las vacaciones, te las mereces.
    Si falleció Carlos Ruiz,triste. Nos deja mucho para recordarlo volviendo a leerlo amiga.
    A pasarlo bien. Cuídaros.
    Un abrazo.


    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Gracias Laura! Sí, siempre me gustaron sus libros. Lo leo ahora
      Gracias por su consideración Laura. Me gustas :)))

      Slett
  45. These little ducks are so cute :)
    Greetings

    SvarSlett