Autumm in Bergen 1 October 2019

 Streetshoots from Bergen and Fløyen.
Today I had this lovely day in the rain ,visiting my town and mountain Fløyen.
 I have been working alot and it is just nice to visit places
and do things one used to do before.
Now when the outside villages are becoming more like a little towns...
people tend to do their shooping local.Sometimes I think it is a bit sad
 because all the little nice shops cant keep it up with 
the  supermarkeds and have to quit their sales,
They can not compete with the big malls.
Nevertheless somethings are always here like the old resturants and hotels.
The photoes I have taken 
 is from the old music pavillion from 1888 in the municipality of Bergen
In summertime it is very nice and relaxing to sit here 
and listen to the concerts that often plays .
All kinds of classical music.And it brings people together.
It is always covered with alot of flowers.
Here is the late atumm 
perennials.The little boy called Hektor is a good keeper 
of the place and well dressed for todays rainy weather
 Before I used to take alot of birds photo.Still I like it alot.
This are sparrows living in the music pavillion

 They are soo cute..Did I tell you i have managed to train som ducks to jump high when feeding them?
Later I will show you :)

 The last of the sunflowers before winther is coming.
It is already very cold.We have to use jumpers and the oven is on
Hotel Norway and its American Bar &Resturant(to the right)
It was build in 1885 and is one of Bergens oldest Hotels
Very  nice to stay there.We often have Christmas dinners there
Ole Bulls plass and the Blue Stone
A meeting place for the locals.Behind is the Johannes church from 1894
Going down to the Fisketorget (Fish marked)
As you can see it is a lazy town today
We have this "Bompenger" action going on.
That means you have to pay alot of money driving  to town
  It is a big debate  here among the citizens and politicans.
Bompenge partiet has got  1/3 of the votes in Bergen .
They find it difficult and wrong to pay for driving into to town
Bompenger is both to avoid pollution and finance the new light rail around Bergen
Bergen Fisketorg(Fishmarked) is  not what it used to be,
Before all the fishermen came in here at Bryggen to sell their fish
Now all of the sales are in shoops and expensive markeds
Something never changes like this old resturant 
There is much activity here in the nights
You can imagine people and locals all over the country  docking up their boots
 and take in here for a refreshment 
Bergen is Norways second large city with 420,000 inhabitans
The city has roots and trading  long back to 1020.
King Olav Kyrre(son of Harald Hardåde) named the town Bjørgvin 
"The green meadow among the mountains"
It was Norway capital in the 13 th century 
and became a burea city of the Hanseatic League
In the middle of 14 th century,North German merchants 
who already been present for a long time, 
trading dried cod and stockfish,
 founded one of the four Kontore of Hanseatic Leauge here.
The Hanseatic merchants lived in their
 own seperate quarter of the town
In a later post I will show how they lived and their homes at Bryggen

Which is now Bergen old quaside Unescos list of World Heritage Sites

View of Mountain Fløyen and Korskirken from 1150
One can do alot of things easy such as renting a boat for cheap money
 and look around Bergen
At last view over Bergen Harbour from Mountain Fløyen
As you can see.Much use of umbrellas today!
It is mostly people and tourist from -Asia visiting today
 but also The Americans
I happened to get in talk with some of them 
and it was a pleasure guiding them around

 Some of them, the brave ones,
 even went out to the pier to have a good picture






 Thanx for watching and coming here to me in Norway!
Sorry it became a long post
I promise next time i will make it shorter
Have a nice day and see you soon











































































15 kommentarer:

  1. Thanks for this great tour. I always try to patronize local shops if I can, even if I have to pay a little more. Otherwise the town starts to die. I am also very much in favour of rapid transit to reduce harm to the environment. I enjoyed these views of Norway.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. thank you David!Well I think it is a debate of the old and new..What shall we take care of and what not??
      I mean when the train trough Bryggen comes..yes it will be nice..pollution free ect ect..But then Bryggen dies..old harbour of -Bergen..Well we will see what happens in the future..May be some clever heads can my it underground.. :)

      Slett
  2. I wonder if the little boy was named for Héktōr (or Hector), the eldest son of Priam and a prince of Troy. Probably not, but, then again, it certainly is possible. "The Iliad," is the first written appearance of the name of which I am aware ....

    I have mentioned before that Ole Bull came to Saint Paul in Minnesota Territory in July 1856 and performed a benefit concert. A statue of him was erected in Loring Park in downtown Minneapolis in 1896 and there is a celebration of sorts there every Norwegian Constitution Day. For the record, there also is a statue of Norwegian playwright Henrik Ibsen in Como Park.

    It is in a way amusing to me how malls and mega-malls came into being and often virtually wiped out "mom and pop" stores .... and, now, how online internet business is forcing many of the mega-mall stores into bankruptcy. As often is said, what comes around goes around ....

    Before this comment turns into a full-length novel, I had better note that I appreciate you taking us with you on your excursion, Anita, and I think your photographs are absolutely wonderful. Be safe and be happy and see you here and there and everywhere ....

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Ohh I love your long comments!!
      Agree with that internet sales..I wonder what will happene when it all will brake down??Acopalyckse I quess..But I think that will never happen.Also think it is interesting the new technologi that makes no use of cellphoens any more..Goggle 6 G internet..Well thank you for visiting me..As I said in a comment down here I have my nose and head deep in a very good book so I must read!!See you soon!

      Slett
  3. Feliz octubre Anita. Aún se ven preciosas flores.
    Nunca un post es largo cuando se disfruta viéndolo. Me ha encantado. Preciosas fotos.
    Buen miércoles.
    Un abrazo.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Ahh me gusta tu commentario!! Tu Es una angellita xxx
      Gracias Laura xxx

      Slett
  4. Hello Anita,
    Despite the rain you have been able to take very beautiful photos.
    Wonderful flowers and nice to see some of Bergen. Funny shot of that little fellow, the good keeper. Great!!
    Shot 12 is very nice...hihi...!!

    Greetings from the Netherlands, (much rain here too)
    Marco

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Hih hih yes I admit it was a long post but the little fellow was soo funny and also the umbrellas up at the mountain!Thank you for nice comment!

      Slett
  5. Hi Anita. thank you for fantastic photo under the rain.
    The views are so beautiful with great buildings, great harbor, and lovely flowers, also a little keeper and a sparrow.

    Have a wonderful day!

    SvarSlett
  6. Hello Anita,
    Bergen and also Norway is a dream destination of many Germans, also of me, of course, if I then your pictures I am looking forward all the more to be able to see this, great post, very nice photos thank you very much
    Greetings Frank

    SvarSlett
  7. Hi Frank!Yes I knew you would like this!!I like the history very much!!Now i am reading this book by Lars Mytting.."Søsterklokkene"..It is about before when Germans came to Norway to buy the old Stavechurch..They took them and build it up again in Dresden.Because they ment it was very sad the norwegians torn it away to fuel..Also..In that time Norway was very poor and they did sell what they could also old Stavechurches.And not only because they were poor but also the new Christianity which developed in that time.(Everything should be very simple...but build on pagan ground because that ground was the best one...(Not the Catholic)Gerald Schønauer travelled with his Meyers Danisch -Norwegisher Sprachfurer fur Reise und Haus trough Norway.Specially through Gudbrandsdalen .They were very educated and looking for J.C .Dahls paintings of the old houses and Stavechurchs.(Dahl went to Art school in Dresden)It is all very interesting !Thank you for coming here Frank!Iam so glad you like history :)

    SvarSlett
  8. Hej vännen!
    Vilka härliga bilder från din stad!!
    Den är verkligen vacker!!Mycket fin berättelse och en trevlig sightseeing tour !!
    Hoppas ni har det bra,pigga och glada allihop.!
    Önskar er alla allt gott!!
    Kram vännen Roger

    (som jag skrev på förra inlägget , har jag inte varit så aktiv här på länge, men jag tänker på er ofta skall du veta......Alltid med värme, ljus och kärlek vännen)

    SvarSlett
  9. Tusen takk Roger!!Hvor er du nå da??Lager du noe fint til jul??Hva syns du om denne kirken jeg har sett på i dag??Praktfullt arbeide :))Stor klem :))

    SvarSlett
  10. Jag har inte börjat med julen ännu, men om du ger Boel din nuvarande adress så kanske tomtefar knackar på dörren .. Jag lovar inte , bara kanske..Du vet han har så mycket att göra ...( Kirken är helt fantastisk)
    Stor Klem Roger

    SvarSlett