From the Viking time

The burglary at the University Museum 
In mid-August2017 there was a break-in at the University Museum of Bergen.

 So far around 400 objects are registered as stolen from the archeological collections
 Most of the objects are from the Viking Age.
 I went to see some of the items found.
The thief came to the police and told what he had done
He had all the things in cheap ikea  bags.
Bracelets and silver fragments
Armrings



Many of the items are severly harmed .

The thieves sawed and glued the items
We will probably notknow the whole truth and if it was a"bestillings tyvery"
Four men are arrested in the case.


Draupnir



In Norse mythology, Draupnir (Old Norse "the dripper" is a gold ring possessed by the god Odin with the ability to multiply itself: Every ninth night, eight new rings 'drip' from Draupnir, each one of the same size and weight as the original.

Draupnir was forged by the dwarven brothers Brokkr and Eitri (or Sindri). Brokkr and Eitri made this ring as one of a set of three gifts which included Mjöllnir and Gullinbursti. They made these gifts in accordance with a wager Loki made saying that Brokkr and Eitri could not make better gifts than the three made by the Sons of Ivaldi. In the end, Mjöllnir, Thor's hammer, won the contest for Brokkr and Eitri. Loki used a loophole to get out of the wager for his head (the wager was for Loki's head only, but he argued that, to remove his head, they would have to injure his neck, which was not in the bargain) and Brokkr punished him by sealing his lips shut with wire.

The ring was placed by Odin on the funeral pyre of his son Baldr:

Odin laid upon the pyre the gold ring called Draupnir; this quality attended it: that every ninth night there fell from it eight gold rings of equal weight. (from the Gylfaginning).

The ring was subsequently retrieved by Hermóðr. It was offered as a gift by Freyr's servant Skírnir in the wooing of Gerðr, which is described in the poem Skírnismál.






We have really bad autumm and the winther is coming..
Today there was alot of iceballs everywhere and
 the travel roads over the mountains are again closed
Hope it will be better ¨soon so we can take a train hike 
So what more good to do then to have a visit to the museeums
Thanx for coming by and Iwill try to visit your blogs as soon as possible
As I said to a friend a have become very lazy
 and enjoy myself inside with tea, music and a good book
Right  now The Diary of Anne Frank


















17 kommentarer:

  1. Triste noticia Anita. Al menos se ha recuperado algo. La justicia debería ser más severa y poner penas más duras.
    Buen libro estás leyendo, yo estoy terminando la Trilogía del Baztan.
    Te deseo un buen fin de samana.
    Un abrazo.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Ohh thank you soo much Laura!!You are a great friend from My fathers land..Trilogia de Bazan??I have to read it!!!

      Thank you for answer and tip and wish you too a great weekend!Besos!

      Slett
    2. They are three books. Each with its mysteries. If you like the black novel, it will hook you. On the banks of the Baztán River, the appearance of the body of a teenage girl forces the homicide inspector Amaia Salazar to return to the valley where she was born and from which she has been fleeing all her life. This will be only the beginning of an exciting story in which the legendary beings of the North coexist with terrifying crimes.
      Buena noche
      Un abrazo

      Slett
  2. It is quite sad that people take it upon themselves to defile history in this way and deprive people for all time from viewing their rightful patrimony.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you David!!Yes it is a problem with burglars here in my town..It is not so long ago someone stole the entire Chinese exhibition..It has never been found..i quess someone out there knows excaktly what they want..Ok thanks for writing to me

      Slett
  3. I'm sorry to hear about the burglary. It's sad.
    Thank you for sharing Norse mythology, I just knew about that and very interesting.
    The Diary seems an interesting book to read on weekend.

    Happy Sunday.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Anne Frank!!Yes but sooo sad..Soo sad...Iam not finished with it..Poor little girlThank for coming here Evi!

      Slett
  4. Hello Anita,
    Great pictures. It is fantastic that all these old valuables have been preserved.
    Very impressive to see.

    Best regards,
    Marco

    SvarSlett
  5. Hej vännen!
    Det var tur att tjuven ångrade sig.. Han var en ju en IKEA kund och dom brukar ångra sina inköp och lämna tillbaka varor..!!! :o)
    Ha det bäst vännen ..hälsa alla..
    Kram Boel o Roger

    SvarSlett
  6. Hah hah hah ja det er jo sant Ikea kunder pleier å angre sine kjøp hahahhahahahahaa
    Ja det er godt de kom tilbake med tingene..Men hallo..jeg syns ikke de var så vakre akkuratt..Noe med forsikringen kansje?V vet jeg..Inne på museeumet stinket det av gammelt..Og så har vi fått masse Skeggkre..du vet de små dyrene??Jaja det var ett fint besøk i min lagte tid..Takk for svar Roger!!Klem klem klem:))

    SvarSlett
  7. It's great that all these old souvenirs have been recovered!
    Fantastic pics !
    Greetings

    SvarSlett
  8. Artifacts and relics from ages past have a great deal of value. Collectors prize them and keep them in private displays; others want them for melting down gold and silver and recovering jewels and precious stones. My guess would be these were taken for the latter reason.

    The mythology of the Old Norse is fascinating to me, and I think their "creation story" can be melded with scientific knowledge as it exists today. Fire and ice are formable, whether together or separately.

    If the Draupnir turns up on the Norwegian black market, give me a holler ....

    I am glad you posted again, Anita .... I enjoyed this one. Take care / be safe / stay out of mischief / kyss og klem ....

    SvarSlett
  9. Tusen tusen takk Fram!Jeg skriver dette på norsk siden min engelsk er såå dårlig..Jegleste ditt svar på din side ohh myy god!Du skriver så jeg skjønner ingenting..så mangen nye engelske ord..Tror du må ha vært en lektor skikkelig bra engelsk!Takk for at du tokdeg tid til og skrive litt..Ja jeg tror det må ha vært ett bestillingstyveri..Det er jo rart at både Chinaskatten og denne forsvant !De var fine og se i virkeligheten..Men luktet veldig gammelt fra tingene!Jeg leste en plass du er begynt å lese Asbjørnsen &Moe..Eventyrene!De bøkene har jeg!Fine å slå opp på.Mye visdom i gamle sagaer og fortellinger.Selv leser jeg nå Sigrid Undsett Viga -Vjot og Vigdis og en annen bok av Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson-Synneøve Solbakken.Jeg elsker eldre litteratur.Vell..ja..jeg skal gi besjed om jeg hører noe om Draupner..Men sannsynlig vis er det bare på The Dark web og der tør ikke jeg og gå.Det fins sikkert mangen etterligninger!
    Ja jeg kan strikke deg en genser!Setesdal eller Marius?Siden vi ikke er kjærester så kan jeg strikke.Her i landet er det fra gammelt av sagt strikker en genser til sin mann blir det trøbbel!Men det tror jeg ikke noe på..bare tull og tøys..Hvordan levde de før i tiden om en skulle ta hensyn til slikt?Lite strikk til mannen som måtte gå kald vinteren igjennom hah hah..Det skulle tatt seg ut.. ..Så da snakkes vi da..Kyss og Klem..

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. If you wish to make comments and remarks in Norwegian, Anita, go right ahead. I would be happy for your presence no matter what language you chose to use. Of course, writing in English will gradually give you more fluency and, perhaps, be useful later in life.

      When I start writing or speaking, I never am quite sure what will emerge in the sense of "big" words or "little" words. Journalists in the United States are told to write in a manner that someone with an English reading level of a 12- or 13-year-old will understand it. That is not easy to do, especially when you are accustomed to writing for very fussy English teachers, and it also becomes monotonous after a few years.

      I read a few reviews of, "Synnøve Solbakken," by Bjørnstjerne Bjørnson and might give it a try. I found an online text version, so I might run with that for a while, but some of it is in Norwegian and, from what I gathered from the reviews, many of the words are not commonly used in the everyday Norwegian language of today. We shall see what we shall see ....

      I was not familiar with the Setesdal or Marius styles of sweaters. I guess I would prefer the "Mariusgenser," but I have add that I have only worn solid, one-color sweaters since my college days concluded = a serious, business look.

      Ok, Anita .... I am off and running .... later, Ms. Norway .... by the way, the only Draupnir I am interested in would be the "real" one .... I like gold ....

      Slett