Vel overstått Paaske!

Passed Easter well!
Yes. I know it's been a long time. I worked all holiday.
I wondered what my cat was looking at out the window.
 I got a little shock when I discovered this bird of prey right under my terrace.

It sat staring at us with these sharp eyes. It had just caught and killed this pigeon
After discussing the identity of the bird, 
we concluded that it is a sparrow hawk, (Accipiter nisus)




It flew quickly and heavily away into the children's playground.

It didn't take long before the pigeon was almost eaten. It went quickly

The important thing here is that the pigeon 
that was caught and killed was a competition pigeon. 
You can see two rings on its feet. 
One is electronic so that the owner can follow it. 
We managed to get hold of the owner who registered his pigeon as dead


I was worried that this bird could take my cat.

 But I think my cat is too big. In addition, I have chicken wire around the balcony.
 It would be difficult for it to fly in. Many years ago, here in Norway, 
it was assumed that a small girl was taken by the eagle. 
They saw the eagle and found the little girl of three years on a mountain ledge.
maybe it's a walking story but who knows.
Ornithologists say it is completely impossible for eagles to catch children



My cat is still out on the veranda but I'm taking care! 

Lately foxes and others have been observed around the house.



It has been a busy Easter for me at work. A lot of crime and a tendency towards violence. A youth came to my hospital armed with knives scissors and a meat axe. Was very threatening so I called the police and they came with four cars and 12 men with shields .Then there have been many deaths in my department. A lot of time is spent on relief in the last days of life. Death is not easy to deal with. But I have to pull myself together and do the best. Easter was celebrated after Easter. I've had a week off now. Have spent the days reflecting, eating good food and watching films. Pusekatt and I are enjoying ourselves. I am reading Thor Heyerdahl Aku Aku - A reading experience.

Then everyone must have a good time. I'll come back, I haven't stopped blogging. I update when I feel like it. I'm sorry that I haven't visited many of the blogs I like so much. 

But that will come later

Greetings Anita








 

38 kommentarer:

  1. Glad your cat is safe. How wonderful to see such a great bird!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. He is a very good cat.Love him so much!Thank you Cloudia!

      Slett
  2. Vigila al gato si sale, por si acaso.
    Buena lectura la de Thor Heyerdahl
    Besos.

    SvarSlett
  3. Yes, yes. Please take care of yourself. You have a very difficult job. Hope you can disconnect and walk outside and also enjoy that terrifically beautiful cat. Glad you are enjoying Heyerdahl.

    SvarSlett
  4. P.S. Remember when things are hard at work, you bring joy and pleasure to your blog readers, some of us far, far away!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. oh if it only was so dear Judith!But thank you for your aways good comments:))Big hugs!xxx

      Slett
  5. Nice to see a post from you Anita.
    Sorry about your work, it's not easy sometimes working in a hospital always have to expect the unexpected.
    Love you cats, they are beautiful.
    Sound an interesting story regarding the little one and the bird.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. I am going to retire at the end of the year.The young ones have to take over.Iam going to enjoy myself,living life:)Thank you very much Margaret!

      Slett
  6. Dear Anita!
    You showed nature's natural selection.
    However, I was delighted by your lovely kitty.
    I send hugs and cordial greetings.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you very much!So happy to hear from you!xxx

      Slett
  7. I've never heard of Sparrowhawks taking anything larger than a pigeon; they very sensibly realise that other predators might want to share their catch, so don't kill anything they'd be unable to carry away. I was in hospital recently and got talking to a man who'd been rough-sleeping when a gang of youths decided it would be fun to "kick him about a bit". He seemed to accept it as a normal part of life. Glad you're enjoying Thor Heyerdahl - all his books are good.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Good to hear about the sparrow hawks .My cat can peacfully stay at the balcony:)Bad to hear about the man got hit by this "rat pack".I think there is very much violence around.No wonder I almost never go out at night and mingel.To scary!Thank you for kind reply!

      Slett
  8. We had that experience with a sparrow in the garden also one time. I am sorry for your last week with so much work and trouble but when you come home you very cuddly toy is already waiting for you and that should ease a lot of suffering.Hope next week goes better.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Soon it is summer holidays heh heh only some weeks away!Looking forward to it:))Thank you very much SC:)))

      Slett
  9. Oh, how lovely your cat is! The hawk got the food it needed. You are doing important work. Donald Duck is the best reading;-)) Only I read them;-)) I really like the drawing style of Silvia Ziche and Don Rosa.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Oh never hear of thos artist!Shall google them!Thank you for nice comment Anna!xxx

      Slett
  10. Sorry to hear about the tough time at work. Sounds insane but I hope you can relax at home. The cat is watching the bird story unfold, glad it's inside the house and safe. Take care, Anita.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you Bill!!I will visit as soon as possible!Your beautiful page!

      Slett
  11. Enjoy your time off. Jobs in health care these days are so tough!

    Hope the cat stays safe!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. They are indeed and low paid!The cat is safe! thank you:))

      Slett
  12. Thank you very much al of you!I am very grateful :)

    SvarSlett
  13. Hello Anita,
    you have a very stressful job so rest is also very important, more important than blogging. Happy Easter to be late..;-))
    Greetings Frank

    SvarSlett
  14. Meillä mökkiympäristössä on paljon erilaisia haukkoja ja kotkia suuria ja pieniä niitä on kyllä jännä ja upeaa seurata . Kissan suuret linnut nappaavat helposti ja hyvä kun pidät omasta kisusta huolen .

    SvarSlett
  15. Quédate tranquila, amiga Anita, que es casi imposible que un gavilán se lleve a tu lindo gato; si fuera un águila quizás, y con los zorros también hay que tener cuidado, pero no olvides que tu gato es un felino, y capaz de vencer al gavilan, aunque parezca que es muy manso, cuando se ven acorralados saben defenderse muy bien.
    Aprovecha y diviértete estos días de descanso, que merecido lo tienes.
    Un fuerte abrazo.

    SvarSlett
  16. You certainly have a beautiful cat.
    So sorry to read about the tough time at work ...
    Take care and stay safe.

    All the best Jan

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Get used to it.They dont know whatthey do sorry enough😪I have started
      a low carbo diet👍Much to learn from your blogTanx for kindness❤️

      Slett
  17. Kissasi nauttii katsellessaan tapahtumia ikkunan toisella puolen. Se on kissan ajakulua, kun on yksin.
    Haukka on niopea saalistaja. Muutaman kerran olen aktsellut, kun varpushaukka vaani lintulaudan lintuja. Onnistumatta läheskään aina.
    Hyvä, että raskaan työjakson jälkeen olet voinut levätä. Palautuminen on tärkeää.
    Hui, miten väkivalta vain kasvaa maailmassa. Hoitajakin on jo liian usein vaarassa työtä tehdessään.
    Pidä huoli itsestäsi ja voi hyvin.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. It is a busy job beeing a nurse.You know all about it too👍We have fine spring weather a bit cold air.I have dropped my wintther coat😄

      I am glad to hear from you.Stay healthy and good mood.More fairy tales are wished from me❤️

      Slett
  18. Just few months ago, there was some kind of hawk on our terrace! it just stood there. I´ve never seen a bird like that in our garden. Cats were inside. My picture was so bad, we couldn´t identify that bird. It scared me and flew towards terraceglasses, got up and flew to the other way.
    I´ve understood, that cat is still too big for a hawk, but still...
    Your cat is so cute, I could hug it, if it was here ;D
    Happy and relaxing hollidays after tough situations at work.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you
      🤗So kind said👍I have not seen th
      e bord of pray again.And my cat is chilling in his cat house on the balcony😄I adore your cats too specially the one with the elevator video hah hah.Iam still working but soon summer vacations.

      Slett
  19. Jag vill bara titta in och uttrycka tacksamhet för er i vården som jobbar under tuffa villkor och får se och uppleva saker vi andra drar oss för. Tycker i alla fall att ingen ska fysiskt behöva ta skada av patienter som kommer in fullt beväpnade ! Och nä, bebisar har aldrig förts bort av örn och din katt kommer att överleva allt - fordonstrafiken möjligen undantagen. Så se upp för bilarna !
    Häsningar, Deerhunter

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Tusen takk Klas.Detvarmer mitt ❤️

      Slett
  20. Å, for en sjarmerende katt ! Hun er virkelig vakker. Fine bilder

    SvarSlett
  21. Hej Anita!
    Hoppas allt är bra med er alla..
    Kikar bara in för att säga att jag tycker om dig vännen.. Jag vet att jag inte är så aktiv längre här ,men jag tänker på er ofta och undrar hur ni har det .. Alltid med ljus, värme och kärlek.. Stor varm Klem ...
    Roger och Boel

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Hei godevenner❤️Ja alterbarebra medmeg👍
      Jegskal begynne ferien fra mandag.Neiiikkesåmye her inne jeg heller.Det er mye annet å gjøre🌼🌿🐞🇧🇻❤️Håper dere har det bra🐾👍Takk for din fine kommentar.Tenkte på deg for noen dager siden.Kyss og klðm til BOEL OCH ROGER🩷🩵❤️Beklager skrivefeil.Har glemt mine briller hah hah og så texter jeg fra min.mobil😆

      Slett