Who is hiding in the dark

Next day's trip. I always go for an evening walk on these old roads.
 There is such a good smell here! 
And of course I looked to see if there were any deer
 I was out late. Did not see anything because of the darkness.
 But I heard something and picked up my camera.
 After waiting for the eyes toget used to the  the darkness I could see the shadows.
 I took pictures and hoped for the best

Here is what came out of it while seeing the photoes on my computer
If you click on the photo you willl see four eyes


The first photoes catched only one But then..

Two deers!I wonder if one of them is a calf..Looks smaller then the one to the right

It was amazing standing there They look at me and i look at them
I decided to let them be in peace.

Herbs growing here,some of them.Seems to me, The Deer do not eat this
Cow manure, herbs like Cow parsley . It is an old color and medicinal plant. A decoction of the plant, especially of the flower core, colors wool yellow. It is slightly toxic to humans. The plant has been used in folk medicine for indigestion and as a diuretic. HERBALUSE AND EFFECT
Diuretic, sleep-inducing, digestive and wound-healing.
Folk medicine use of dog biscuits

In folk medicine, dog biscuits(norwegian name) have had a certain use, and in Sweden the species was included in the pharmacopoeia until 1817. Decoction of the seeds was used as late as the 1950s in Småland to get the offspring out faster in calving cows. It has also been used for so-called summer illness, ie stomach illness which is often bothered by in the summer. In folk medicine, dog biscuits have otherwise been used for digestive problems and colic, as a mild sleeping aid, and for-heal wounds.

In 1648, the Dane Simon Paulli tells of how he healed a man who had not been able to urinate in three days. He boiled the leaves of dog biscuits in unsalted butter and in this way got an "ointment" which was smeared under the man's navel while it was still hot. The man then started urinating, and with such speed that he immediately filled more than three pots!
But! Do not confuse the plant with
Poison Biscuit Poison Hemlock "
The whole plant is very poisonous, and the reaction often comes shortly after ingestion. Even a small taste can lead to severe poisoning.
The philosopher Socrates, for example, was (according to Plato) sentenced to commit suicide with sharp-edged juice. Its lethal properties are mainly due to the two alkaloids koniin and gamma konice
If you crush the plant, it smells like rat and cat pee

Now is the end of this serie and I will have a litte pause due to work
See you around later when autumm is blooming Great time to spend in the mountains!

Thanx for watching!

51 kommentarer:

  1. The eyes of the animals look awesome;-)

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Looks alien hih hih
      Thank you Anna❤

      Slett
  2. It is a very beautiful picture with the eyes of deer shining in the night. They are gentle beings.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Yes they are good!
      Thank you very much Catalin😘

      Slett
  3. Nice photos, I like animals, these are curious but they are not usually aggressive, that is if they look at you cheekily when they are far from your reach.
    Regards.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you very much🦊🐂🦔🐐

      Slett
  4. Bella segunda parte Anita, los animales son muy inteligentes se quedan inmóviles mirándote, saben que no corren peligro. Debes de llevar cuidado por esas zonas algo boscosas de noche y más si sueles ir sola por desgracia hay mucho loco suelto.
    Un abrazo y te deseo un buen descanso en tu pausa.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you Juan.I have a slingshot with me
      Otherwise I run fast but it is ,right ,it is many loco persons around.At this time of year we are entering it will be most at home only hikes in daylight.But thank you very much for nice reply Juan

      Slett
  5. The eyes in the dark are scary. I think I would have run away which is probably the wrong thing it they were the eyes of a predator instead of deer.

    SvarSlett
  6. Wonderful night photography and interesting information about herbal medicine.
    Enjoy your break! Take care.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Wow yes indded it is interesting speciaĺly so.much deadly herbs around
      But also the good ones
      Glad you liked it😚Yes I will have some time free but visit your blogs I will it is so nice😘Best thing to do😊

      Slett
  7. Big hugs to Cloudia🌷🌻❤

    SvarSlett
  8. I still would recommend you take a course in low light and night photography, Anita, and save your money to invest in the most powerful flash unit you can find. I do not pay attention to photographic technology, but assume there must have been advancements since I last had an interest in it and that is the primary reason I suggest professional guidance.

    Deer and other critters will come to recognize you and not fear you if you continue to visit them. Blend in to their habitat.

    Your journeys into medicinal and other herbs is interesting, Anita, and could well serve a practical purpose. Perhaps, you should take a course in that area, as well. Nothing to lose and possibly something to gain, Norsk jente ....

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Dont know about course but I like what the old ones tell me about it
      face to face and herbs to herbs.
      Iam planning going inside our country Heidal sidevalley to Gudbrandsdalen
      You can google it
      Looking for old embroidery..
      To my
      Bunad.
      When the night is covering the land other creatures wakes up..Yesterday some bat fled around me at my home Very nice to watch perfect pilots!!

      Have a very nice and sweet weekend
      Astrid-Anita
      Ps ..you know I found Mag again..She is beautiful !
      She is having a blog with great inspiration.Look.

      Slett
    2. Well, Astrid-Anita, to begin at the end of your note, I have no idea where Mag is or what she is doing and no curiosity about her, so there is no reason for me to search for her.

      To be open and honest about it, she and I kept up steady communication for a number of months after I returned to the United States. We even made informal plans for her to come here the next summer, but those plans fell apart and our communications ended. The last I heard from her, she was considering marriage to a Polish man. I told her to go for it and good luck. That was the end of it ....

      We live in a small world, growing smaller by the minute, but it still seems strange to me that you ran across her .... take care and stay safe and be happy, Ms. Norway ....

      P.S. In many ways, I prefer night; I think it is cool you are learning about herbs and plants, both the good and the bad ones; I had to look up "bunad" .... I would wager you are very attractive in such an outfit ....

      Slett
    3. For Fram.I'm sorry. This comment was too private. I apologize. It was not my intention to move around in this jar. Nor is it my business. I was only so positively surprised to see Mag and her beautiful daughter about between eight and ten years .I went thinking out loud They sat and read fairy tales.I remember Mag was so fond of stories and she was a good narrator.I will edit the post when I think you have read it.You can see Mag in my blog roll.Well I had to come all the way home in from my trip to write this So now it's out again in lightning and thunder.See you

      Slett
    4. Well so is life.We can not always predict what is coming..

      Bunad is nice.Cute too.But all the silver are expensive.We wear it only in special occations.Nice to see you again.I woke up too early 8 am.So coffe and a walk in the rain will be.Thank you for kind words .Sometimes I use Astrid It is a female name of Norse origin. The name means "loving", "beauty" or "she who is loved by the gods".I seldom use it but, sometimes- Anita is a Spanish meaning "little Anna", which originates from the Hebrew word for "favor" or "grace"-Have you ever thought about your name and what it means? Sometimes I wonder about our parents what made they give us our names--Well off I go to the day and whatever it brings

      Stay safe and happy!

      Slett
    5. It is your blog, Anita, and you are free to publish what you wish and to delete what you wish. I am fine with what you have written here, and there is no need to apologize. I am a very private person in some ways and a very public person in other ways .... there are times when I confuse myself about which I am at any given moment. My point is that I believe the paths of Mag and I were meant to cross, but not to merge. She once was very important to me -- an interlude in my life -- but we have gone our separate ways.

      As for my actual names, I will not reveal them, but I do know the etymology of them and I know my first name was selected by my mother, my middle two by her Norwegian mother, my last automatically from my father. As for my "stage name," Fram comes from the Old Norse and means "forward." I took it from the name of Fridtjof Nansen's ship for my first canoe (envious creature that I am) and then decided to use it for myself on the blogs.

      Fram: Old Norse / Etymology: From Proto-Germanic *fram, from Proto-Indo-European *pro- (“forth, forward”).
      Adverb: fram (comparative fremr, superlative fremst) / forward, forth
      Related terms: framr
      Descendants: Icelandic: fram / Faroese: fram / Norwegian Nynorsk: fram / Norwegian Bokmål: fram, frem / Westrobothnian: framm / Swedish: fram / Danish: fram

      As for your Bunad, I am sure it is lovely, as you would be wearing it. I saw several variations on the internet and am curious what the primary color of your outfit is .... will you model it, or, in the least, describe it? No, I am not teasing .... I really am curious ....

      Later, Norsk jente ....

      Slett
    6. There are many different bunads from every place here in Norway.We also have day and evening bunads.The first one you see here ,big picture, is like mine

      https://www.norskflid.no/bunad/bunader/

      Much history and I can not go into it all here.
      Before you had to be etnical(seven generations back of norwegian ancestry)norwegian to wear a bunad But know everyone living here can use it

      Interesting about your name!Your grandmother gave you the second name!Surely it will not be an american name but german or norwegian You should be proud of it.I cant remember you have said where your father is born.Family history can be nice to track.I think you know all about it.Sometimes it is rare how much similarity it is ..between people..I have many times been mistaken by a dobbeltganger.But dobbeltganger in inner way of being ? I dont think so!
      About privacy.I learned a long time ago when I was little to never tell a truth being told , that should not be revealed.My father was a child in the spanish civil war and it tells it all.I think it is important to not go bragging around with personal things-Only fools do that.
      When growing up in Norway I changed my surname.Much because it was to much questions about it.I repect privacy and want to be respected as well when it comes to heritage and names.
      ok this is enough for now.I have to look at the photoes from the hike today!
      See you and thanx for answering!

      Slett
    7. I think the bunad is beautiful, Anita ....

      I looked on eBay and saw several for sale, so my assumption is that young ladies who are not necessarily of Norwegian ancestry are both buying and selling them. No need for seven generations there. The price for some amounted to more than a "pretty penny," too, I would say. On the one you suggested I look at, the accoutrements appeared to be gold, which would up the expenditure significantly.

      I actually have two middle names. One could be considered German or English and the other most definitely comes from the Old Norse. My father was born in Minnesota and his ancestors came from far inland on the Sognefjord in Norway. A relative, now deceased, traced the lineage there to the mid-Sixteenth Century. My guess is that some of them would have seen the Hopperstad stave church.

      And, on that note, Anita, I bid you good evening ....

      Slett
    8. Well then.I invite you and your daughter or son to come and visit Vik in Sogn.As you know I was married in Sogn and lived by the farm.The stavchurch Hopperstad, is in the city of Vik.It would be easy to pop in to your Norwegian family for a cup of coffe
      (I mean when corona and all has vanished..)
      At the farm where I lived(high up in the mountain) it is very beautiful surrounded by the Sognefjord .It is easy to travel https://en.sognefjord.no/things-to-do/day-excursion-to-bergen-by-express-boat-p841103
      I remember very well going with the cows to the pastures high up to the mountain cabin
      https://www.landbruksdirektoratet.no/no/miljo-og-okologisk/kulturlandskap/utvalgte-kulturlandskap/sogn-og-fjordane/grinde-og-engjasete/_image/10478.png?_encoded=2f66666666666678302f35382f&_ts=1296e52e020

      Yes now one can buy Bunad everywhere but the norwegians do not like it..

      It is around 50.000 kr for a real bunad.The "gold"is gilded silver.Here is a link if you or family wants to look https://www.gullfunn.no/produkter/bunadsolv/

      For me I want to visit Borgund Stave Church it is located in Borgund in Sogn og Fjordane. The church was built around the year 1180. It is very well preserved(original) and the most distinctive of the Norwegian stave churches.
      I quess you have heard the Sogne dialect then!It is a nice combination of parents you have got.I quess they have learned you something and not only religion.
      Exciting news one of your middle names has has its origins in Norse mythology. I wonder what character you got..Ok once again I try to look at yesterdays photoes ohh boy i have slept almost 12 hours and dreamed alot!Good for me

      See you and also wish you

      God ettermiddag! Herr Fram!

      Slett
    9. I need to clarify a few things, Anita. My relationship with my birth father's side of my family is abstract and distant. My mother and father separated and later divorced very early in my life. I recall seeing him only three times, twice briefly as a boy and once for a day as an adult. We were just beginning to establish a relationship when he died at the age of 51. What I know of him comes mostly from my mother and a few others I have encountered who knew him, as well as bits and pieces from a couple of cousins.

      He was the youngest child of seven and there was 20-year age difference between him and his eldest brother. Consequently, I have some cousins who are old enough to be my parent and a few second-cousins my own age. Three cousins contacted me "out of the blue" years after my father's death, and we met a few times. One of them lived in Stockholm, Sweden, and is now deceased. She told me there was another cousin who lived on one of the islands offshore from Bergen. I no longer have his name and I am not aware of any other relatives still alive in Norway, although there well might be a few. That means no one to visit for a cup of coffee.

      Two of the three cousins who contacted me have died in recent years, and a daughter of the third one has become my "contact person," but our communications (so far) have been by email only and exchange of a number of photographs.

      As for one of my names, it is Old Norse, but not from mythology, unless one considers the "Heimskringla" to be mythology.

      I did check out the Borgund Stave Church and watched a video of it .... it looks fantastic; and the Bunad site you sent an address for .... I found it interesting; and I looked at the photograph of the mountain farm you sent a link for .... I would like to live in such a place.

      So, Anita .... take good care of yourself and I look forward to seeing many more of your photographs .... senere, baby ....

      Slett
    10. So sorry your father went away too early.My fahter died as well early almost 47 years old.i was with him when he died suddenly at home
      You should keep up with that contact!May be it was Fedje the name of island ?Beautifulplace!Google it!There are many norrøne boys name in Heimskringla and Snorre Sagaer!You must be proud.Thank you for the nice words.The mountain farm; the place has a five thousand year old history as an agricultural landscape. The area is one of 22 areas in Norway that have been designated as «National cultural landscape in agriculture». The background is i.a. the area's long tradition of leafing. Pollarding can be traced back to 2,400 years BC.Burial mounds and other finds tell about farming in the area since the Early Bronze Age It has probably been our permanent residence in the historic tuna area since 500 years BC. The buildings in the tuna and in the infield are largely from the 19th century and here are valuable building environments. The area is rich in stone gardens, ground walls, clearing piles and old roads.
      But.After the divorce my ex new one lady was and is soo jealous it became a problem.So when to visit I go to the old cabin hut by the sea (to the left of the photo).There is an old viking grave there.Very peacful.But you can hear.".Noen går på hellene "..Ok .Long note again and I think we stop this thread now or it will go on forever and ever

      Much hugs and stay happy !

      Slett
    11. All right, Anita .... let this be the final entry.

      I only met the Stockholm cousin once and that was in August 2010. She was back in the states to visit her mother and other family members. I am not sure she told me the name of the island where the Bergen-area relative lived, but even if she did, I have no recollection of it. She did mention that he was involved in fish farming and that the one and only time she went to visit him, he had taken her by boat to see where he worked. She did suggest that I come to visit her and the two of us could go to visit him, but by about a year later she was dead and that ended that idea.

      You are right. I will maintain contact with both the surviving cousin and her daughter. Some family members reject me while others welcome me. It is a strange situation, especially since my father, in effect and in fact, ignored me and I never knew him until spending one day with him shortly before his end. My father, I have been told by some who knew him, was very much a hell raiser, a hard drinker and ready to fight with anyone about anything at any time and any place -- sort of a black sheep in the family. Among his siblings, one of his brothers was a medical doctor, another a clergyman, another a psychiatrist, another a business man heavily involved in local government, while the girls married "respectable" men.

      Später, Fräulein Anita ....

      Slett
  9. Well the eyes have it, as the saying goes.
    Herb plants are interesting, and good to read about the good and bad of them.
    Take care.

    SvarSlett
  10. Hola Anita, bonitas fotos,y I interesante el reportaje, feliz día.
    Un abrazo

    SvarSlett
  11. Wonderful night photos, Anita. The eyes of the deer really stand out but you knew they were deers so it wasn't scary. :) Good info on the herb plants, there is so much that we don't know that is available in nature. Enjoy your break and stay safe!

    SvarSlett
  12. Oh gorgeous night photos Anita! Thank you for taking us on those beautiful woods! I really think those deers look super cute! Have a great rest of the week dear Anita!

    SvarSlett
  13. Deers are great poser and here they steal through their glaring stare! Well spotted in the darkness. Interesting how the poisonous herbs heals through the right mix, limitation and dilution. The folk medicines are natural cure.

    Take care

    SvarSlett
  14. Siempre es un grato placer el visitarte! Y contemplar este hermoso reportaje Recibe un generoso saludo!

    SvarSlett
  15. Quick comment, Anita. I am away visiting my daughter, but will back to normal by the weekend. Hugs. David

    SvarSlett
  16. ...this evening my wife and I drove up to the lake for the sunset, returning home who saw a number of deer. It's alway a wonderful experience.

    SvarSlett
  17. Looks like another beautiful walk in the evening.

    SvarSlett
  18. Beautiful photos. Thanks. I really enjoyed them.

    Greetings from London.

    SvarSlett
  19. Leuk de nachtfotografie.
    Groet kees.

    SvarSlett
  20. In the twilight the world, familiar, looks different. You can also easily get scared of wedging eyes, even if there is nothing to fear.
    The information you give about plants is interesting. What is that poisonous plant by its Latin name? Is that circuta virosa?

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Conium maculatum-Skarntyde eller giftkjeks (Conium maculatum)

      Agree with you aimarii..everything looks different and if you have other"glasses" on we all have aura or halo around us many different colours.. ..But it is nothing to be afraid of..
      It is like that we fear the things we do not know I quess..The plants around growing wild has got me interested..much because of colouring wool but also the use of them from old time..I wonder often how the animals know the difference what to eat..they seldom get poisoned
      I think you are a very wise woman.Wish you a good and happy weekend .Greetings Anita

      Slett
    2. Thanks for answering. Both plants (conium maculatum and circuta virosa) are deadly toxic and and are quite similar. Circuta virosa
      circuta virosa grows here a lot and I read that especially cows have sometimes eaten it from the coastal meadows and also died. Smells and tastes good at first, unlike Conium maculatum.
      Take care and enjoy weekend!

      Slett
    3. Thank you aimarii!I will.Have just come home from a lovely windy trip to the Deerwood.Good to be out alone in the nature again.Autumm is slowly approaching,beautiful colours
      I will look at that plant Circuta virosa.So cows really eat it ?..may be it is because that plant smells and taste good or nothing at all just like grass.Like you say unlike conium maculatum

      Wish you too a very good weekend!Looking forward to your next post

      Slett
    4. Toxins--Wow!!I just googled it!But I think I have not discovered this plant yet..Or may be I just overlooked it-Thank you very much for the info!
      Poisonous from Wiki;
      Sea buckthorn is one of the most poisonous plants in Norway, depending on how you define toxicity. What makes seal mustard particularly dangerous is that THERE IS NO ANTIDOTE. By the end of the 1970s, about half of all poisonings were fatal. The stem and rhizome contain a milky juice that quickly turns yellow-orange on contact with air, it is somewhat oily and has an odor reminiscent of the smell of mice, carrots or parsnips. As the plant has white tubers that are a bit like the parsnip vegetable, it can be confused with this one.

      The yellow milk juice and the roots contain the toxin cicutoxin, which can stop the signaling in the central nervous system in humans and animals. If you have had contact with the plant, you should wash your hands very well. Even small amounts can be dangerous.
      Thank you again Aimarii!

      Slett
    5. Thank you! I will continue.
      I eventually secured the plant by splitting its rhizome. It was erect, thick, compartmentalized

      Slett
  21. I love your nightfall photos, it really is a different world after the sun has set.
    Our dear are so prolific, they have become the number one cause of accidents in our area, or sharing.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo
    they are bad about just running across the road, right in front of you.
    Beautiful and peaceful shots Anita, thank you f

    SvarSlett
  22. Wonderful night-time photographs.

    All the best Jan

    SvarSlett
  23. Dear Anita!
    Your night photos are fantastic.
    You were lucky enough to see the deer that came out in search of food.
    Have a nice Sunday:)

    SvarSlett
  24. Roliga bilder, Anita!
    Så du börjar fotografera hjort när andra sedan länge gått hem. Hade jag haft ett stycke mark med hjort på i anslutning till bostaden hade jag gjort likadant. Använder du stativ?
    / Deerhunter

    SvarSlett
  25. Stativ??Nei..Det er så kjedeligt å bære på.Her bruker jeg ingen ting men ellers finner jeg det jeg trenger i naturen.Ja men nå er hjorten borte desverre..sukk !Har vært og spanet hver kveld men ser ingen ting..Takk for din kommentar Klas!

    SvarSlett
  26. Hello Anita
    nice observation, the eyes in the dark have something
    greetings Frank

    SvarSlett