Potpourri From Bergen!
We had such a nice day here today!Much sun and happiness everywhere you go
I had not been in town for weeks so it was very nice to be back strolling around
Everyone both young and old looked like having a happy time Smiles everywhere
Well who is in town a young Brad Pitt?Look alike!
I know Tom Cruise is here making his new movie




Hansa Øl is expensive here over a 100kr!I am glad I dont like beer!
And do you know everything is closed at 24.00 pm?.(Corona ,Corona)
No beers,No nada. House parties is becoming  a big thing!
 Some places they have even made a thing that if you are over 45 years 
old you are not allowed to enter to the pubs because of Covid!Wow!Crazy rules!
Down under
He looks a bit tired this tourist!

And this one The dog is in the baby wagon!We love it!

Here we sit and chit chat on day..But on the nights...
Bar and restaurant  people!They even were drunk so early!Skåling!Cheers!
Fisketorget Restaurant
Bryggen Restaurant
Electric bicycles were a big deal here in Bergen when it came..
The municipality tried to stop it but was rejected in court.
 The people here love it! It can be found everywhere and can be parked everywhere
 As you can see it is also free to use

 Another resturang in the centrum of town
 Mountain Ulriken and Icevalley in the bacground

It is good to have a bite after much museums visit.
The Local artist sits here and they are sometimes jamming on guitars or a band is playing

The music pavilion in Bergen

The pavilion was bought as a building set in cast iron and given as a gift to Bergen municipality by businessman and consul F. G. Gade (1830–1904). The music pavilion was provided by Vulkan, Jernstøberi & Mek in Christiania and built in «Byens Park» in 1888. The columns' bases also bear the inscription Vulkan Christiania 1888. Like Ole Bull's villa Lysøen, the music pavilion is stylistically characterized by historicism inspired by Moorish architecture.
 Sculptur Grinegutten (Cry boy)by artist Sofus Madsen 1914
He made mostly human figures in classicist style 
with attitude and facial expressions that reflected attitudes
 and feelings that suited the themes he addressed.
Today it must be good to get a spash of water!
Back to the harbour of Bergen
Take a look at the boys high up in the mast


«Lehmkuhl State Council»
Statsraad Lehmkuhl »is a three-masted steel bark owned by the Statsraad Lehmkuhl Foundation. The ship is Norway's largest and oldest heavy rigged sailing ship, and has its home port in Vågen in Bergen. The ship is used for training and dissemination of traditional seamanship. In recent years, the climate and marine environment have become a major part of the ship's focus areas. Statsraad Lehmkuhl has cruises with folk high schools and school classes, but also sails open trips with anyone who can imagine experiencing freedom at sea. Every year, the Norwegian Navy rents the ship with crew to train cadets at the war schools. In recent years, the voyage has crossed the Atlantic to the United States. The ship then gets the prefix «KNM» in the name. In the last two years, the Dutch navy has also used the ship for a similar training. The ship has a permanent crew of 17. Marcus A. Seidl and Jens Joachim Hiorth are captains



So it was all a good day!






 I had to laugh about the guy up here..
He was starting up his racer boat But ohh wait I have to answer this  sms
--

So I sat there watching the boats and specially the sheep dog 
Then I hear a voice "Anita ,Anita"
Well out of nowwhere came Reidar ,boy I new from childhood
He was much older then me, but remebered me 
So we talked about old days and the streets we grew up 
and I had some fun with his dog Lasse
He had a fine little boat too

It felt so nice meeting people again that you actually thought was gone away
We agreed to stay in touch

Ok this was this for now!








Have a happy weekend everyone!

28 kommentarer:

  1. Dearest Anita! I am so so so jealous! Look how beautiful these scenes are! No more worries and a beautiful day with amazing landscapes and houses and town views! Thank you for sharing these!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you Steenson!So great you made a comment!

      Yes we have some lovely days now!I really dont understand it soo hot again here
      Best wishes to you and stay safe!

      Slett
  2. Me gusta la arquitectura de esas casas, tn distintas de las que se ven por aquí.

    Tiene mucha belleza tu país y así lo muestras en tus fotos.

    Besos

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Gracias por tu commentario :)))

      Besos!

      Slett
  3. What a fine day! I needed this vacation with you

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you sister next time Hawaii with you!

      Big hugs and kiss!

      Slett
  4. What a lovely glimpse of Bergen. Love everything about it, the house, the sea and all the life around the water, the restaurants. That pavilion is beautiful, covered in flowers as it is. Isn’t it great to meet an old friend again?

    Thank you for sharing this beautiful city.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you!Yes it is lovely to meet old friends again and i have been thinking about it how lovely it would be gathering together wilhfriends from the past

      Thank you very much Marie for very nice comment!

      Big hugs to you!

      Slett
  5. For someone who lives in a region where social distancing and face masks have been the rule of the day for a number of weeks, it is more than a little disconcerting to see so many people in proximity to one another without precautions. Both the number of Covid 19 cases and the number of deaths from it remain on the rise in Minnesota .... confirmed cases 71,236 .... deaths 1,825 .... recovered cases 64,374.

    Other than that, I find your photographic studies in and around Bergen interesting and attractive, Anita. Keep up the good work ....

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Yes covid it looks like we have forgotten it here.Me also ..But I am rarely in the city where there are many people..We have 260 dead and some infected.They are well followed up.Most have home office only we, in the health sector must go to work but we do not use face masks.We can if we want but it is very expensive about 1000kr. The authorities say that face masks protect 40% a meter distance 80%. ..I do not know what to say..Soon we are to have the Vaccine We in the health service have to, but I do not want.When we mass vaccinated against the swine flu there were many who got narcolepsy.There was so much mercury in it that I have not been ill with a strong flu since.They also says that those who have had the Asia disease do not need to take the vaccine.I'm getting away from the blog a bit now. Traveling on a ten day vacation in the mountains. We talk and thank you for the answer

      Slett
  6. Beautiful blue sky.
    Loved reading and seeing your photos in this post.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Take care.

    SvarSlett
  7. Precioso tu reportaje Anita. Un bello día, bello paisaje, bellas arquitecturas de esas casas y una buena cerveza sentado en una terraza no se puede pedir más.
    Que tengas una buena semana.
    Un fuerte abrazo.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Si una buena dia con mucho color!

      Gracias Besitoz!

      Slett
  8. Hola Ana, muy bonitas las fotos, y muy bonito el reportaje, feliz jueves.
    Un abrazo

    SvarSlett
  9. Nice promotion for Bergen. It looks tantalizing beautiful again.

    SvarSlett
  10. It is always a great pleasure to read your posts, Anita. They are always filled with good cheer and a happy outlook on life. Great tour of the City of Bergen. I think the tourist board will be sending your cheque shortly! Have a great weekend coming up.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Hah hah nooo they are crying no tourist here in Norway now!! :))

      Thank you for nice reply!

      Slett
  11. friendly and nice place to visit..... love dog in baby wagon with biker.....
    Thank you for sharing beautiful photos....

    SvarSlett
  12. Wonderful city and absolutely wonderful posting! happy weekend Anita!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Happy weekend coming in Anne!

      Big hugs!

      Slett
  13. Bergen at its best on a lovely day. Thanks for sharing, Anita.

    SvarSlett
  14. Bergen is a beautiful city and you had a very wonderful day out. You will be introduced to many great details such as the pavilion, the statue, the three-masted ship. Lots of people in the city. Isn’t there to think (fear) the corona?
    Surely also a surprise nice to meet a childhood friend Surely also a surprise nice to meet a childhood friend and his cute dog. So in short, just a wonderful day of the trip.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you Aimarii..I could talk for ages about the Corona..but i will only say we are well prepared for the second wave..drilling every day at work..We are not so good to wear facemask I dont know why..But you know norwgegians are a very cold people we never kiss ,hugs or have big family..We like to keep us in huts far away,The people on the photoes are mostly students not belonging here..But I sometimes wonder.I work with the worst of worst of criminals and junkies.The once nobody wants to see or care about.No one infected in whole Norway!Strange as one could belive they are very near to have Covid(lungproblems ect ect)
      Why I go to town?to smell the sea :)))

      Ok wish you a nice saturday in Finland)))

      Slett
  15. Precioso reportaje.
    Que paz y tranquilidad se respiran en esos paisajes.
    Saludos.

    SvarSlett