Talking about summertime.. Suddenly the sun came back !
I went to a ranch my friend owns here in the village I live .
The horses are out on summer pastures !
It is a long time since I sat on a horseback and I dont know if I manage(read dare! )
But it was nice seeing them.I wondered alot what was the thing they had on the horsehead
It seems to be a sort of Indian dreadlooks!
Probably the girlsa had fixed them on the hair.
Big tummy on the brown one!Something in there I wonder?
May be a little baby horse!They did not pay any attention tome
just eager to chew the great summer grass.
Bees and bumblebee.Not so muchthis year but the
European hornet has been seen manyplaces
The little sparrows are always amusing to see
Most of us have probably seen this little bird species up to several times in our lives. But, do you really know any facts regarding the bird species sparrow? Small but robust, the bird species sparrow has a life expectancy of 7 years. However, they can be up to 13 years old if they live in captivity. The sparrow is disappearing from the cities The reasons for this declining number of the sparrow's population are under debate. The various reasons mentioned are the following:
Climate changes
Pesticides
Electromagnetism
Carbon dioxide emissions
Lack of places to warm up and build their nests
Competition with new invasive species
Increasing numbers of predators (especially cats out in the streets) these sympathetic and feathered creatures tend to be a major biological indicator of urban health. That is, the smaller of these birds observed, the greater the pollution found at this site. For the good of the planet and for humanity, we should therefore do what is necessary for these sympathetic and cosmopolitan little sparrows to once again settle in the big cities.
A sparrow jumps in the yard,
a gray and enjoyable rag ball.
He chats and eats breakfast,
he eats anyway.
.
And when he's done with breakfast,
then he eats breakfast again.
And his wife finds a breakfast,
then he eats it too.
.
And since then he eats dinner and dinner
with all the other little sparrows.
But when it gets dark in the world,
and no more supper is to be seen,
he flings home under a ridge,
for now it must be peace.
.
There he prepares for the night
and thinks about like that
that now it is dark, and now it is night;
but then there is breakfast. He's thinking about that.
.
(Arnulf Øverland)


Una preciosa entrada muy refrescante y veraniega. Hermosos caballos y hermosa naturaleza. Como bien dices, es muy preocupante la disminución de gorriones en las ciudades y este hecho, debe abrir un gran debate para saber exactamente que está ocurriendo y el ¿por qué? Se está dando esa situación.
SvarSlettMuy bellas palabras las de Arnulf.
Te deseo buenas vacaciones.
Un fuerte abrazo.
Muchas gracias!Te deseo unas buenas vacaciones!Me gusta mucho tus palabras
SlettSaludos!
Hi Anita! How wonderful posting;-))
SvarSlettThank you Anna!
SlettHola, Bonita entrada,feliz verano.
SvarSlettSaludos
Gracias Jose Maria!
SlettThe horses and the sparrows are perfect reflections of summer. Love the images, verbal and digital.
SvarSlettThank you Marie Smith!
SlettQuerida Anita!
SvarSlettQue lindo poema e imagens!
Que lindo pónei!
Um abracinho viajante!🌼🌻🌼
Megy Maia🌈
Muchas gracias quapa!
SlettThe horse is amazingly beautiful, cute little sparrows. Nice photos and narrative, Anita. Have a lovely evening.
SvarSlettWish you a nice weekend as well Bill!thank you for stopping by!
SlettIt's time to head straight for them hills
SvarSlettIt's time to live and have some thrills
Come along and have a ball
A regular free-for-all
It's summertime
Lyrics from an old/old/old rock 'n' roll classic ....
I think you should ride the horses, Anita .... come on, it is summertime .... superb photographs ....
heh heh no!!I can not do it any more!!hah hah but I could if the horse was very old or a donkey!(have bad memories.My father in law died after the old safe horse he did ride suddenly went mad and run out with the old horsesled and over him )Thank you for nice respons!Fram!
Slettnice poem!
SlettLove those little fat sparrows. No wonder the kitties say yum-yum :) Happy Summer, Anita :)
SvarSlettThanks Kelly !
SlettGood looking horses. Lovely captures of the birds and the bees too!
SvarSlettThank you very much magic eye!
SlettNever seen so much sparrows as this year . Large groups are looking for food in our garden day in day out and our little british shorthair opens one eye and close it again, lying in her own gardenchair and dreaming on.
SvarSletthah haha your lovely british kitty cat!!I think i see her!
Slettthank you for nice funny comment SC!
Another great post, Anita, demonstrating your natural exuberance and sheer pleasure in life. I am sure that a vote taken by all your blogging friends would be in favour of you riding the horse and posting a picture. The sparrows would even applaud! And there are even humans who think about food just as much as they do!
SvarSlettHmm..may be ..if the owner holds the ties to the horse I can do it again!It would be very funny though riding without any saddle!
SvarSlettYes it is sorry to think of that many poor people in the world..i wish we could give them money so they dont have to starve and then give them the ability to have a great education.Thank you for always good reply David!
siempre he esperado con mucha ganas el tiempo de verano, lo asocio a la playa y al mar. Este año, no va a ser un verano, en que se pueda disfrutar como en años anteriores...el peligro sigue rondando y no te puedes fiar.
SvarSlettBuenas imágenes de animales y plantas ha capturado tu cámara.
Besos
A wonderful post, Anita! It reminds of the simple pleasures of summer.
SvarSlettLove the poem about the sparrows, too. They sound like Hobbits:)
You are absolutely right, Anita, the good times seem to pass so quickly.
SvarSlettI loved the horses, they are spectacular.
What a beautiful poem about sparrows, here where I live there are plenty of sparrows, I really like photographing them.
Wonderful photos!
Hello Anita,
SvarSlettSummertime is the most lovely time of the year.
I love to go out and go to the beach and enjoy of the sun.
Nice pictures.
Greetings, Marco
So pretty
SvarSlettHola Anita. Es una fecha que deseamos que llegue siempre con descanso y días muy largos que aprovechamos al máximo.
SvarSlettSería bueno verte momtando a caballo.
Me encanta esta entrada amiga. Preciosa naturaleza que has acompañado con lindos versos.
Te deseo un buen fin de semana. Toca seguir cuídándonos.Cuídate.
Un abrazo.
Nice photos Anita, enjoy with yours a lot of this summer season.
SvarSlettRegards.
Great post. You are writing about climate change. People act so thoughtlessly and nature suffers. It would be a great disaster if bees and other bugs became extinct.
SvarSlettLet's save the bugs and at the same time the world!
Summer is wonderful. Here too. I exercise a lot in nature. I fish and now I wait for the berries to ripen.
Your horses are adorable. I like horses and I have ever ridden. Now I am too old....
Hyvää kesän jatkumista.
Hello Anita
SvarSlettnice to see the horses on the meadow, yes try to ride it again ...
Regards Frank