Adventure building with historical buzz!
Hardly particularly practical.   But still very aristocratic and charming .Not least the location of Gamlehaugen. The Crown Prince chose to rather live in the gardener's home when he studied in the city. He is a modern type.Here you find a very nice tour with a lot of exciting information about important Norwegian history. Incredibly good that they are trying to restore it as it has been before, as opposed to modern interpretations.


Incredibly nice to walk in the garden there too. This is a gem, a little outside Bergen city.
Gamlehaugen stands there so majestically with a well-kept and beautiful park around.Artful and unorthodox building with towers, inspired by castle-like brick houses according to Scottish-English tradition and role models. It can be visited all year round, but personally I think it is so mighty beautiful to visit in the month of May and in the fall.In the Middle Ages and until the Black Death, farming was associated with the place where Gamlehaugen is located today. In 1665, agricultural land was again connected to Fjøsanger main farm. In 1808, the property was separated to Danckert Krohn's niece, Marie Krohn. Nyhaugen was also taken over by his nephew Albert Henrik Krohn. New farmhouses were built on both properties. These were almost identical single-storey buildings with a central sheet and a sloping mansard roof. Gamlehaugen was later converted to Swiss style. Nyhaugen was also rebuilt before it was demolished to make way for new buildingsGamlehaugen was bought in 1838 by Schack Stenberg. In 1864, Ole Bull's son, Alexander Bull, bought the property. After two years, he sold it on to coppersmith Ole Andreas Gundersen. The last owner to run Gamlehugen as a farm was merchant Anton Mohr, who bought the property in 1878. When he died in 1890, widow Alethe Mohr sold property.ThenThe place was built by Norway's first prime minister and responsible for the agreement in 1901-1905.  Christian Michelsen's office contains a rare collection of memories from 1905. with Norwegian history and our secession from Sweden in 1905 .   Gamlehaugen was taken over by the state in 1925. A major refurbishment work was completed in 1991.The second and third floors, with 13 rooms, are privately managed by the royal family when they visit Bergen. When the royals do not use the property, the ground floor is open to the public
It has a beautiful park (open to the public all year round) and a small "beach" which is very popular in the summer.It is very well maintained and is ideal for picnics and barbecues when the weather allows






The pleasure place Gamlehaugen








In the park you can stroll or calm down on the beautiful lawns. About 8 km stroll back to the center for the pedestrians.The bus from the city center and out stops about 700 m before the place



The Gamlehaugen gate
Here in the Portner buildning The crown Prince stayed when he lived and went to millitary school 
Go on a guided tour, Lots of history in those walls!

 Old and new flower beds with plants for large parts of the year. In the park you can stroll or calm down on the beautiful lawns.
Nice place for an afternoon tea or morning coffe!
I have to tell the rest of this story. I was not really going to visit the castle. I had plans for visiting a farm and see the animals when I saw these Swans with six children who came swimming.They are going to the castle I said to myself! I hurried to reach them (I was on the other side of the bay) and this is how this story came about. Yes, one thing takes the other ! Nice! The concierge or gardener of the area, an elderly gentleman told me from the time here at Gamlehaugen. He also told me it was a lot of salmon and trout in the water and I have to come one afternoon so they would take out the boat to fish with me! I thanked heartily but out of old habit from when I was a child and told not not go with strangers I greeted nicely and thanked for the chat. Another time! 
Here comes mother with the six babies.
Father has inspected the area and found it safe.



Thanx for warching! 
Anita


































39 kommentarer:

  1. Hola Anita,muy bonito todo lo que cuentas, es muy interesante,y muy bonitas las fotos, feliz día.
    Saludos

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Gracias Jose!Me alegra mucho que te haya gustado la publicación.Besitos!xxx

      Slett
  2. That looks such a beautiful peaceful place.
    The history is interesting too.
    Take care.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. thank you Margaret!I hear on the news Victoria is in a bad condition The Covid!I hope you will be allright!

      Take care you as well :)

      Slett
  3. Dear Anita!
    Thank you very much that I was able to walk in the beautiful park and admire the wonderful scenery. Very interesting history of this place.
    Have a nice Sunday and I send you hugs and greetings.
    Lucja

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you Lucja!History is always great but we dont have such beautiful castles as you have!I admire Poland!

      Big kiss!

      Slett
  4. Gamlehaugen looks indeed very pretty and indeed when you can't go far then look around nearby. Always interesting things to see also near home.

    SvarSlett
  5. A wonderful place to visit, Anita, and so close for you. I wonder whether the old gentleman really did want to simply take you fishing, or whether he had other things in mind? I guess you will never know, will you? You probably did the right thing by declining his offer, however.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. About the fishing we never know But I dont go walks or fishing with someone I dont know however rich og high grade !Thank you for making a comment David!

      Slett
  6. Such a beautiful area, filled with interesting history. The 8 km path would be quite a stroll. The area is well maintained but with the royal family dropping by, I imagine it would be pristine.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Ohh yes those big royal tea parties!!Here now in Norway we are many who set question about the royalties I think in the upcoming generations they will be nothing but a memorie..But I think it is good to take care of history what has been before us thank you Marie!

      Slett
  7. Dear Anita! you are taking us into a modern day fairy tale land! This place is absolutely gorgeous and very peaceful! It is so nice of the concierge to invite you but you are right, sometimes we just need to stick to our old rules as kids :)

    SvarSlett
  8. Precioso lugar, sumamente encantador y cargado de historia, no cabe duda que tiene que ser todo un privilegio podar visitar esos maravillosos jardines y degustar un café.
    Un fuerte abrazo Anita y feliz mes de agosto.

    SvarSlett
  9. Your photography is exquisite and a pleasure to see, Anita, and your history lesson is fascinating to learn. I can understand why the Crown Prince preferred to live in the gardener's home .... the landscape is brilliantly beautiful.

    The connection with Ole Bull through ownership of Gamlehaugen by his son is interesting to me. Ole Bull played a benefit concert in the territorial capital building here in Saint Paul in July 1856, and a large, bronze statue of the Norwegian violinist was erected in 1896 at Loring Park in Minneapolis. He even purchased land in Pennsylvania to establish a colony -- New Norway -- but the effort failed.

    You have produced another superb post, young lady, and I appreciate it. Thank you .... I love your tours ....

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. About tthe crown people..We really are not so very about them..luxery people but it is tradition and the old folks love them but in the next generation I think they will vanish more and more..Cost alot you see!The young ones ..they dont care about it..Ole Bull!Was he not a good fiddler ??or writer!!I think!Well everyone thought of America as the new brilliant country..some did it good others did not make it ..I have not read myself up on him but I will..Thank you very much for reply and comment!Looking forward to your tour on the lake and your property down there!wow I just say..Dream place!

      Slett
  10. What a beautiful place and so pretty. Love your photos, the swan family is really cute. Nice captures, Anita!

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you very much Bill!Glad yu like it!

      Slett
  11. Great pictures. Thanks.

    Greetings from London.

    SvarSlett
  12. Wow, the arrangement of the park and the area around Gamlehaugen is very beautiful ..., I want to visit it. Hopefully someday.

    Thank you for your virtual tour.
    Greetings from Indonesia.

    SvarSlett
  13. This is an interesting article with lots of information, thanks for sharing! That line of baby swans look so cute!
    Greetings from Jonny!

    SvarSlett
  14. Hello Anita,
    That's a nice place.
    And what an estate there is around that beautiful palace. In fact very nice to take a walk.
    The grass is also beautiful, someone will have a nice day job.
    Very nice pictures Anita and nice to read about the past.

    Greetings, Marco

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. hih hih a very terrible job for the gardener!Thank you Marco for your nice reply!

      Slett
  15. A magnificent castle with an interesting history. At the same time, it was interesting to read Norwegian history in this regard.
    The castle and other buildings in a beautiful and well maintained park and swans also like the park's pond.
    Great excursion destination

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Thank you very much Aimarii!Nie you too like history!I dont know how to explain it but one can see lines from old history until today.sometimes it is like Aha!!

      Wish you a very nice day and thanx again for comin around!

      Slett
  16. Now that is a castle I could live in! Gorgeous! If I lived in this place I would never leave home <3

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Aristocratic California Kelly :)

      I would be nice to stay there for a night! All those kings and queens ghost Hah Hah would be very fun!

      We could have a little night cap in the garden
      Dress fancy and have a good time!
      Imagine high heels and a Ball Gown!

      Thank you very much for comment.Pleasure to talk to you sweet girl
      xxx

      Slett
  17. wow you really find nice words Yanni!thank you!

    SvarSlett
  18. That sounds delightful, Anita :) I know we would have fun communing with the spirit kings of the castle (hehe). We shall wear our tiaras and dance the night away :) I suspect we would make good partners in mischief and fun times! Stay adventurous, beautiful girl...it keeps us young!

    SvarSlett
  19. Bellas imagenes de un lugar muy apacible... Precioso

    SvarSlett
  20. It looks like something out of a story, enjoy it all.

    Utopian hug.-

    SvarSlett
  21. Good to see and much to learn. Congratulation song he'll Norway Handled covid

    SvarSlett
  22. I love hiking than fishing......
    thank you for sharing very beautiful photos.

    SvarSlett
  23. Las casitas tienen un lugar privilegiado, cer a del agua.

    He disfrutado con las buenas vistas de ese hermoso jardín.

    Te agradezco la visita y comentarios en mi otro blog. Miradas desde mi lente.

    SvarSlett