Autumm.Time for indoor Activity and Books!

Days are getting shorter and darker.I spend my free time as much as I can outdoor.It is becoming chilly and soon snow will be covering our mountain peaks.It is a lovely time.We are so lucky living like this with four seasons.This post will be about the book" Bortom Isbjørnens Rike"
I hope it will not be only a dream for me.I think we only live once and should try as much as we can to do our dreams.Sometimes it is not possible but then we can read , dream and look at movies
Autumn. Time for indoor activities and books.This book I would recommend is this" Frozen"by Fredrik Granat and Melissa Scæfer. Attaches some links to their page.
In the links there is all you need to know about them.Their travels you can join with Frøya
Order books or photoes
Take a look!
They are also on FB if you want to follow
They are very dear to me .They are just common people like you and me
Trying to do their best of their passion The Artic 
May be we should take a trip with them?
I sure would like to see A Polar Bear.The Artic,The silence
Everything up there.

The grand portrayal "Beyond the Kingdom of the Polar Bear" is one of the most important stories of our time. It's all about ice. About life. About all of us. Those who doubt mankind's impact on the earth's climate need only look at the polar bears' home, the Arctic Ocean. It literally melts away. Nowhere else on earth are climate change as tangible as here. Ice turns into water.
We travel among mountains, beautiful fjords and huge glaciers, over seemingly endless pack ice in the Arctic Ocean. Incredible images are interspersed with personal views and authentic texts linked to the very latest polar research. The book is a testimony from our northernmost regions that provides a unique insight into the polar bear's life and the icy world that is its home
This is a personal description of photographer Melissa Schäfers and producer Fredrik Granath's life, their love for and work on the ice. The pictures take us on a matchless visual journey through the eyes of the authors but also through the eyes of the polar bear. The authors work in a unique way: they spend several months each winter out in the fields on their expeditions.
The story of the polar bear is all about us. Every grain of ice, every drop of water, every living thing on this planet are interconnected. 

Everything is connected.
Photo Melissa Scæfer
Fredrik Looking around
Photo Melissa Scæfer

They have got a prize at WWWPanda
Under there is a photo from the book where there has been a hunting  place
Photoes by Melissa Scæfer
Polar bear track aka Human hands.See the difference?

To be up in Svalbard you need to and is a must,to carry a gun
You can not walk outside in the city without it
Polar Bears are dangerous and attracted to the village because of food.
Many people has  been killed  because they were not careful enough
Therefor I am planning to take a hunter course.Learning to shoot with a rifle for protection
Photo Melissa Scæfer
I personally think one must be very strong to live out there in the artic
It is not really for eveyone do do
I remember very well when they took this shoot(under) and told the story about it
It is beautiful yes,but
 requires a mental strength to be here for months
But for us tourist and people liking the isolated areas
But not necessarily, be there for a long time, it must be wonderful
to come here
The best time to be there is between februar and late autumm
Then there is a little sun and beautiful Auroras and
 daylight is slipping through the Svalbard mountains

Melissa sitting on a hunter hut from 1928
Containing only a little dining area ,and a bed
Not bigger then an little storage
Around is the icebound Mohnbukta
It has gone some days since I wrote this
In the meantime I have ordered tickets with them on Frøya
Next coming year
Also asked them for allowing to publish from their book


This is all for now
Enjoy autumm
and everything with it
Take care and see you soon

Take a look at the links
Amazing photographs and stories











https://www.themotherbear.com/news

https://www.themotherbear.com/frozen






26 kommentarer:

  1. Piacerebbe anche a me vedere un Orso polare, questo è un bellissimo post.
    Buona giornata.

    SvarSlett
  2. Wonderful foliages photos!
    Indeed, it's time to stay indoor with books. This book is very interesting. I would love to see polar bears, they are very cute to me. I heard about climate change and the effects to them, it's sad.
    Thank you for sharing the links. Good to know all about the bears visually.

    Have a great day and take care, Anita.

    SvarSlett
  3. Llega de nuevi otro otoño y cada uno distinto.
    Buen tiempo para la lectura Anita. El libro se ve interesante. Gracias por los enlaces amiga.
    Feliz noviembre.
    Un abrazo.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Feliz noviembre para ti tambien quapa:)))

      Slett
  4. Very beautiful blog Anita. I love polar bears. Is it cold at the moment in Norway ? Greetings Caroline

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Hi !Yes t very cold!Have to jumpers on and it is very icy outside!

      Thank you for coming here!
      It is my birthday today so Iam very happy :)))

      Slett
  5. Hello Anita,
    the fall conjures the most beautiful colors into the nature, of course there are also days where outdoor nothing at all, great book tips,
    Greetings Frank

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. thank you very much!Yes there is much snow right now here in Norway but has not reached Bergen,We expect it any day now..Thank you for coming here!

      Slett
  6. A fine post, Anita. Even though we sometimes complain about the winter you are quite right that we are fortunate to live in a climate that has four seasons. As for Polar Bears, I fear greatly for their continued existence. Global warming is so seriously impacting their habitat their very survival is at stake. What we have done to this planet is nothing short of catastrophic.

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Agrre..there is so much to say about the polar bears and the new science tells alot..what they are willing to do..I think they willmore and more move near the villages ..But hope icetime will last for a very very long time

      Slett
  7. A very / very / very Happy Birthday to the loveliest woman in Bergen ....

    Arctic and Antarctic exploration have fascinated me since I was a boy, Anita, and I am glad to learn it is among your interests, too. A book I would recommend to you is, "Andrée's Story: The Complete Record of His Polar Flight, 1897." Salomon Andrée, Nils Strindberg and Knut Frænkel attempted to reach the North Pole by hot air balloon in 1897. They did not make it, and more than 30 years passed before their bodies were found on White Island and their journals and photographic negatives recovered.

    I am "acquainted" with Will Steger, a life-long Minnesotan who lives nearby in Richfield. He led the first confirmed dogsled journey to the North Pole in 1986; crossed the Greenland icecap 1,600 miles south to north in 1988; and led the longest unsupported dogsled expedition in history at that time in 1989-1990 -- the 3,471-mile International Trans-Antarctic Expedition. We Minnesota boys get around ....

    I hope things do work out for you to spend some time in the Arctic and that your wish of seeing a polar bear comes true. Just be super cautious. They can run up to 25 miles-per-hour over short distances, and would love to taste a beautiful, young Norwegian girl.

    Your post is fabulous, Anita. I love the writing and the photographs and applaud your research. Keep it up and stay safe and remember to wear "long johns" when cold, windy winter arrives .... teasing ....

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. iam in a hurry so this will not be long..But for sure i will look upon the book you mention..I was even not aware polar bears could run soo fast for a long time!

      OMG their are some wild things!..

      yes I like the artic very much..i really dont know why..i quess everyone does..
      But until then i will do some hikes here on the westcoast of Norway..If i only could get some free time from work..Ok see you later and thanx for writing!

      Slett
  8. Hej på dig vännen som alltid är så snäll och fin! Vi tycker om dig!!!
    Sker det ingen förändring med klimatet så är det nog slutet vi får se för många isbjörnar.
    Bra inlägg, och väldigt viktigt att vi förstår att alla har en del i det som sker.
    Hoppas allt är bra med er..Kram på er // Boel o Roger

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. Tusen takk Roger!

      Håper vi tar feil og at bestanden vil vare og helst øke på..

      Ok vi snakkes!

      Slett
    2. Ja hör av dig vännen..kram på er och hälsa till alla vännen.
      Roger

      Slett
  9. Hello Anita,
    Wonderful to see your first two pictures with the autumn leaves. Wonderful.
    And of course a good time to read books.
    But this book of the polar bear looks very well. Very wonderful pictures and a impressive report about these bears. Lovely.

    I read many books, mostly about animals, nature and travel. My last book was a wildlife book about Lawrence Anthony - The Elephant Whisperer.

    Greetings, Marco

    SvarSlett
    Svar
    1. thank you for the book recomandation--i will look upon it!Tomorrow!

      Greetings Anita

      Slett
  10. Schön die Bilder vom Herbst.

    Noke

    SvarSlett
  11. Oh wow this book look and sounds amazing
    Thanks for share with us
    xx

    SvarSlett