I had a nice little walk in the woods during these Covid -19 times
It was snowing pretty tight but it was nice to climb the mountain. Worse it was to get down. Had to slip on my back several times.. Long inside the forest I noticed some activity. What did I see..a bird feeder !! So Fun! Here I am going to go and get some close-ups. Obviously, someone is filling in the bird feeder.
You may think it was nice to see these little birds sitting on a snow-covered branch and twittering.. They got used to me pretty quickly
I who do not have a telephoto lens had to improvise. .Go one step closer to where the birds were and then stand there for a long time until they got used to me.. Yes you can think I got cold on my feet despite winter shoes and wool labs. .Here I will be back soon I have tried to use Google translate from Norwegian to English Since many dont understand what I Write(Norwegian) I dont know if it is completely correct but I hope you understand something
It was snowing pretty tight but it was nice to climb the mountain. Worse it was to get down. Had to slip on my back several times.. Long inside the forest I noticed some activity. What did I see..a bird feeder !! So Fun! Here I am going to go and get some close-ups. Obviously, someone is filling in the bird feeder.
You may think it was nice to see these little birds sitting on a snow-covered branch and twittering.. They got used to me pretty quickly
I who do not have a telephoto lens had to improvise. .Go one step closer to where the birds were and then stand there for a long time until they got used to me.. Yes you can think I got cold on my feet despite winter shoes and wool labs. .Here I will be back soon I have tried to use Google translate from Norwegian to English Since many dont understand what I Write(Norwegian) I dont know if it is completely correct but I hope you understand something
So here I am in the Canadian forest again
(it is called that because of history back in 1883
when some scouts coming back from a visit in Canada
thought this was the Place most like the nature over there)
It's difficult terrain to get up. Some climbing.
Not so many people who go here.
Known to be a place where people take suicide.
Sad. Imagine the sight of coming here and then it hangs one in the tree.
Happily, I have not encountered such tragic events.
There was a lot of activity here during the war.
Both Germans and Norwegians fought here.
But most underground activity.
Not so far from here it was a prison camp
with Russian and Norwegian soldiers.
One still can find ruins, old cartridges and much else here
Very rough terrain and soapy smooth.
I kept myself quite far from the edge.
You never know.It is easy to fall off the Cliff
These winterbirds are everywhere in the forest.Beautiful song from them
Common blackbird
I met some people on the trip.
Some went skiing others on foot.
Here in Norway we are not allowed
to take pictures of others without asking permission
Most times you are not allowed to do this.
Northern people want their private life.
Can be punished with Kr 5,000 for taking a photo
I took this from behind and hoped it went well
Gray and Snowy weather.
One can hardly see the Nipedalen water
I dont know for sure the name of this bird
but it looks like a female Brambling to me
I dont know these one either.May be a Coal Tit?.
It was pretty funny swinging and hanging on there
Eurasian nuthatch
The only bird I know that can both Climb up and Down the trees
Very funny and Nice bird!
Black bird again-There were two of them.
They are so funny tripping and running around
Specially if I come to Close..
and sometimes they stand like spreading their bones out
It was much more beautiful than the pictures can ever tell
Seeing these in the woods on a snow-covered branch
Great tit together With the others
The great tit is a distinctive bird with a black head and neck, prominent white cheeks, olive upperparts and yellow underparts, with some variation amongst the numerous subspecies. It is predominantly insectivorous in the summer, but will consume a wider range of food items in the winter months, including small hibernating bats Like all tits it is a cavity nester, usually nesting in a hole in a tree. The female lays around 12 eggs and incubates them alone, although both parents raise the chicks. In most years the pair will raise two broods. The nests may be raided by woodpeckers, squirrels and weasels and infested with fleas, and adults may be hunted by sparrowhawks
From Wikipedia
So back to Corina virus
Not much People hanging around in the malls now adays.
My son went to the hairdresser and the whole day only 6 customers!
People overhere are very afraid and stores Food
in case of the worst case scenario or in case home quarantine
We have today five persons with Corona Activ virus .
One in Bergen(the person was in North Italy on vaccation
and became ill at home.We all Wonder all the People
on the plane he she was in touch with,the taxi and
all the others he she had contact
I think it is pretty bad they dont have more control
With people coming from infected areas
We also have an eye doctor who went sick today.
He had consult with hundreds of pasients before he went ill
He also had spent holidays in Italy
Well one can Wonder how serioulsly some take this
I take it seriously because I know from my work.
But they dont want to make Public and People get totally wild
so they say it is not so bad
Not worse then the flu.But we dont know that do we?
Me myself am repeating infection procedures and is updated to whatever will come.
To all of us
Most important is to do a good hand and respiratory hygiene as well as avoiding unnecesarry contact With People With symptoms of respiratory disease
I think People are very much updated now and knows what to do if they become sick
We all the citizens have got personal mails on Our Phones today from Bergen municipality
World Health Organization (WHO)Think Worst case 25% of Norwegian habitans will be infected(we are 5 mill)
and that we should take more aggresive measures to protect the population.That means closed Schools ,Kindergartens and closed disticts
(I think what about the economy then)
I say dont panic but think wise and clearly!
It will pass in time and it is not armegeddon
Have a nice time everyone!
See you soon!
Querida Anita as fotos estão muito lindas.
SvarSlettAdoro ver neve.
Quando ao problema mundial que focou.
Estou atenta.
Sorrisos de oração por todos os infectados.🌻
Megy Maia
Thank you Megy!
SlettYour photos are wonderful, Anita!
SvarSlettI like reading your post. Thank you for telling us a piece of story from this place.
The paths seems quite dangerous for me take a walk :)
But it is fun to look around and enjoy seeing the birds.
Have a lovely weekend. Stay safe, praying not get infect from COVID-19
Thank you Evi!
SlettSame to you as well!Stay safe and wish you the happiest weekend!
It is in weather such as you describe and which is shown in your photographs that I enjoy hiking in regions which have "history" and a certain amount of superstition and legend associated with them. I keep hoping to encounter spirits or to find a doorway to another dimension. Sort of joking about that, but sort of serious, too: You never know ....
SvarSlettYou are becoming an avid bird watcher, Anita, and very attentive about the coronavirus threat to both our physical health and our financial well-being. It is as you say, wise to be aware of it, but not to enter a state of panic about it.
Another fine post, Anita. I like it and enjoyed it. I send wishes for good fortune to walk beside you wherever you go and to be your constant companion in whatever you do .... vær forsiktig når du er i nærheten av den kanadiske skogen ....
Tusen tusen takk Fram!Jeg skriver på norsk for jeg vet du forstår norsk!
SlettNaturen skremmer meg ikke..Den er bare nydelig!Det er verre med disse virusene som dukker opp..Her i Norge har det tatt heeelt av..Corona preger nyheter og våre daglige gjøremål.Vi er tom for munnbind kirurgiske munnbind sterile hansker frakker og mye mer..Man får ingen ting på Apoteket nå.Det verste er at vi får alle våre varer fra China og de er tomme for utstyr!!!
Vi er blitt anbefalt å improvisere..Vaske vernesutstyr osv..
Ja det er så gale!Vanndunker og mat er hamstret inn forukesevis!
Jeg håper jeg går klar av dette men har engangsbillet for reise til fjelletfor meg og Alexsander om det blir forferdeligt..Det er hundrevis i hjemmekarantene her nå .I dag er det mye og store snømengder her hjemme..Jeg skal bare være inne Det blåser rundt huset og er kaldt!
Håper dere har det bra i Amerika!
Internet klem fra Anita
It will pass in time and it is not armegeddon...
SvarSlettYou are right :-)
Have a nice weekend!
Halina
Tusen takk Halina!
SlettVet du hva..Det var en prest her i Norge som sa vist redde mennesker ville bli kvitt sykdommen Corona skulle en bare vipse 2800 kr til deres konto så skulle de ta vekk Corona trollene ved bønn..Frekt og simpelt og utnytte redde eldre barn unge og alle andre..Neii vet du hva..Kriminelle gnir seg i hendene over dette!
De tjener penger på andres undergang
Takk for svar Halina og hold deg frisk!
And you know what. It really looks like Canada and I like it that there are people who feed the birds in the woods. About the new flue going around its not the first and it will not be the last. We just have to endure it as always.The highest fever is for the media. Have a nice weekend.
SvarSlettYes may be you are right SC!
SlettMe too like People feeding birds in the Woods!It so Nice!
You are so calm!About the Corona..Wish I could be!!I quess it is the media!
they say it is here now..or within a month !
Thanks for reply SC!It is always good to hear from you!
Beautiful winter scenery. Seeing the wildlife as you enjoy your walk is priceless. We all have to be careful about this flu and protect ourselves as we normally do. Hope it will pass soon.
SvarSlettEnjoy your weekend, Anita.
thank you very much Bill!You too stay safe and warm and take many many pix from Ireland!I love Ireland and want to go over there to look at the old Castles:))))
SlettHei!Takk takk!Fine ord :)
SvarSlettHello Anita,
SvarSlettWhat a wonderful shots of this snowy area.
So nice and what a lovely place to go for a walk. The winter is hard now on that place.
Warm regards,
Marco
Thank you very much Marco!
SlettYes it was very wonderful that walk
Today more snow!
Happy weekend to you and family
Beautiful photos.
SvarSlettTusen takk Rue!
SlettAnita, what a snowy place you live in. The birds are precious, brilliant photos.
SvarSlettThank you Bob!Later I shall buy me a super tele lins!But for now it is good to learn how they act:)))I Find it relaxing to look at birds.You certainly have a good eye for birds and I love to see your post
SlettHope you will have a good weekend!
Yannis!It is great you have started a New blog!
SvarSlettWe read you!
Be strong and Write from Your heart!
Big hugs !
Beautiful photos Anita in the snow, we can also translate from Norwegian to English if you have google translate on your blog. Have a nice weekend.
SvarSlettthank you Carolina!
SlettNice photos Anita, although the truth is a bit cold to see them, they are impressive, those winters so white and so cold.
SvarSlettGreetings.
What wonderful scenarios. Magnificent photos.
SvarSlettAs for COVI-19, it is difficult not to be worried, seeing the numbers of people infected and deaths increasing with each passing day.
I live in Lisbon and until today, there is still no confirmed case, but I believe it is only a matter of time before they appear.
My concern is even greater as my daughter and her family live in Macau.
Beautiful blog.
Be well
Greetings
I hope you dont get it in Lisboa!
Slettthank you very much for good comment Maria!
Vilken tur att springa på en fågelmatning ute i skogen! Hade själv det nöjet under flera år vilket gav massor med bilder och upplevelser med annars skygga skogsfåglar.
SvarSlettI Sverige verkar vi ha mer avslappnad inställning till viruset i fråga. Jag tycker som du att det är bättre att ta i med hårdhandskarna först och därefter lite lossa på greppet efterhand.
Hoppas vi slipper bli smittade!
Deerhunter
Hei Klas!Takk så mye!Har nå selv laget noen fuggelmatere med solsikke nøtter osv..Jeg ser dem har vært og spist masse..Men når jeg kom fremtil foringsplassen var de borte.Bare en lur kråke som prøvde å gnage av stålkanten slik at den kunne fly avgårde med hele fuggelmateren hahahah
SvarSlettJa på mitt jobb tar de det seriøst.nå..og setter oss i karantene om vi blir forkjølet..For etter det var mangen leger som hadde vært i smitteområder(Italia) og gått på jobb..Ja de har behandler tresifrete tall med pasienter i det offentlige og privat og dem prøver å fange dem pasientene opp..Beklageligvis så er de gamle ,hører dårligt og tar ikke telefonen..Det er jo sjokkerende hvor mangen som ikke bryr seg..På min jobb i natt overhørte jeg jammen en ansatt som oppsøkte Corona bare for å få sykemelding.Det er det verste!(men det var en securitasvakt)
Ja vi får se hvordan det går!Takk igjen for din fine kommentar!
Hej vännen!
SvarSlettFina bilder du tagit, även om vädret gör färgerna till mer gråskala.. men vackert är det ändå,jättefint.
Ja du, nu får vi tvätta händer noga och försöka undvika kontakt med andra som hostar och nyser.. Lite försiktiga är vi också, för Boel har KOL vilket inte är så trevligt nu med corona virus som sprider sig.. Vi skyddar oss så gott vi kan, kollodialt silver har vi i små sprayflaskor för näsa ,hals och även händerna .som vi har i jackfickan. Vet inte om det hjälper med det är ju ändå något.Vi får se hur det utvecklar sig, men upplysning om att testa sig innan man går till jobb och skola, om man varit i riskområden är sunt förnuft som det nu är i världen, helt klart!!!
Var rädda om er, önskar er alla att ni får vara friska och glada..
Kram Kram Roger
Hei Roger !Så bra at dere tar informasjon fra who alvorligt!
SlettJa her i Norge blir det verre og verre..32 smittet..de fleste på Vestlandet og Østlandet..og nå var nettopp en blitt dårlig med corina som hadde vært på en Hill Bliiy concert med mangen tusen tilskuere..Ja nå sprer det seg like mye på gaten..Her vurderer dem snart tiltak 2.det er å sperre av distrikter skoler universiteter museum osv..Våres kongelige har rømt til Jordan der er det ennå ingen smitte..Ja så får vi leve med det vi som må holde hjulene i gang,,Sin jobb må man skjøtte om en ikke er enda syk..Jeg har i pleie en fra Vietnam med tilhørende besøk fra familie i Asia..Ja en får bwskytte seg med smittefrall og munnbind hansker og la være å ha så mye kontakt..Men vi må pleie de syke!
Håper alt er bra og at dere ikke får dette viruset..Kols er stygge greier med tanke på dette..Her til lands har vi kun 280 respiratorer så ja man kan undres hvordan dete vil gå..GLEDER meg svært til vår og sommer..De sier dette viruset ikke liker å ha det varmt..Dvs det dør ut i høy varme..dråpene damper vekk Jeg har hatt meg en tur i dag!Deilig vårsol som varmer rundt hjertet!Sender til dere :))))Roger og Boel :))